Monday, January 10, 2005

Growing into a butterfly

Growing into a butterfly

I watched the sky from the distance

Butterflies are flying so free

Among the field of flowers and trees

On this forgotten corner

I stand so still

Sheltered in darkness surreal

My eyes are folded

Wonder if its part of the process of rising

Awaiting here for the forming of my wings

Yet the unknown I fear

Still nothing more I desire than to touch the wind

The feel of it on my newly wings

I could sense the emerge

I anticipate for it to happen at once

Growing into a butterfly

Will those who knew me before

Will they ever recognize me now?

A grown butterfly

Once it was just a dream to reach the sky

Now- am I an added color in any empty earthly skies?

©2005, Nasra Al Adawi

1 Comments:

Blogger Linda Jones Malonson said...

Ahhh Nasra this is beautiful indeed. You know, it's the sun that determined the color of a butterfly, is it no wonder we are so beautiful! Enjoyed the read. - Amias

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home