Thursday, December 14, 2006

Life between Sky and Sea


Another Boring Shot Of The Pier
Originally uploaded by diglips.



Watery skirts
Lagging behind
To what it touched before
The tide is low
The sea far from shore
Still I feel the aroma of sea
Moist freshness tangled in cool breathe
Waves are continuously splashing
Towards the line shore
Carrying my tears to flow
Its here unlocking emotional doors
suppression finds a voice
Within silent musical cords
Saltness of the sea
Tastes of my tears
Soft sands
A resting seat
Beneath me I feel the warmth
The scrub of grains
I outweigh my life
With every gentle blow
In wind whispers
Piercing in silent entanglement
As light, my life penetrates
within sky and sea

copyright 2006 nasra al adawi

Many Thanks to Diglips for the photo above posted in flickr.com. You can click on the photo tosee more of photo collections.

12 Comments:

Blogger Keshi said...

wow so beautiful Nasra! U write really well.

Keshi.

10:02 PM  
Blogger J. Andrew Lockhart said...

This is beautiful!
Strange - I was sitting outside a few minutes ago (12:30a.m. here) and I thought of you and planed to come see what you have done. We must have thought at the same time. :)

10:36 PM  
Blogger Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Touchingly lovely, Nasra!

6:02 AM  
Blogger Kai said...

this is so beautiful....

thanks 4 stopping by...
hope we chat soon!

:-]

6:22 AM  
Blogger polona said...

beautiful, nasra!
i love the sea and can imagine sitting on the beach getting overwhelmed by emotions...

10:13 AM  
Blogger Margie said...

Very beautiful!

Margie

11:08 AM  
Blogger Kai said...

hi
sorry i wasn't online...
i had to finish editing my book
& its too much work

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very serene and beautiful.

8:06 PM  
Blogger idi said...

Oh I like that one very much
Rememberances of holidays
on the seaside
Idi

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite passage:

The scrub of grains
I outweigh my life
With every gentle blow


I feel the gentle wash of the sea in your words.

6:26 AM  
Blogger Misreflection said...

soulful... "as light your life penetrates".. oh yes it does.. :)

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mash'Allah,this is indeed beautiful my friend so touching.Thanks for sharing such beautiful words.Have a nice Eid-UL-Adha.
Wish you well

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home