Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Final View

so many windows
Originally uploaded by emnovo.



It began
Droplets
Little by little
Drizzled on me
Then it became rain
It continued
Raining on me
Taking that path
Even rain did not stop me
Reaching to that deserted place
Out of me falling:
Heartaches
Upon my soul I insisted
It has to watch the scene
Then rewind it again
Countless raindrops
Had covered this window
I would not be deterred
In taking this final view
I stared into us
Tangled in love scene
Beyond our silence
Love seem to scream
Lustful madness
I wanted to break free
You chained me in romance
As you reached out for me
Allured with swirls of desire
Colorful butterflies all over
And in your eyes
I pursued reassurance
You insisted
That we were to enter the moment
Where our souls unite
Lost between pain and lustful aches
My eyes pleaded you
At that time I knew
My soul poured for love scarifies
Striking my own soul
The pinch of love
Remained to stare
In the episodes of my life
Deep within I knew,
There was no path to return


Copyright 2005, nasra al adawi

As you can see that this poem its been written in 2005 however today I did not like the old poem so changed it. You can click (here) to read how it was written before.



The photo above is from flickr.com by emnovo, pls click on the photo to see more on other photo collections. Many Thanks to emnovo for the above photo

16 Comments:

Blogger M. Shahin said...

"Even rain did not stop me
Reaching to that deserted place
Out of me falling:
Heartaches"

Wow! Nice imagery here - between dry and wet. Eloquent expressions that invite to softness and remembrance. Nicely done sister, Nasra :-)

12:03 PM  
Blogger iamnasra said...

To tell you the truth I did not even think of it..I was thinking that heart was falling from pain but Im glad it came out that way in ways LOL

12:10 PM  
Blogger Margie said...

Beautiful!
Simply beautiful!
You poetry has so much depth and beauty!!
Thank you so very much for the poem you left for me today!
It was truly wonderful!

Margie

2:45 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

Nice poem!

Sometimes I wish for some rain and sometimes I wish someone could stop the rain...the rain in my heart.

Keshi.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Swamy VKN said...

This is one of the best poem I have so far read in your blog Nasra. Kudos my friend. Take care.

11:51 AM  
Blogger J. Andrew Lockhart said...

I like how you changed it. The first one was nice, but this one is extraordinary!

7:28 PM  
Blogger Sue hardy-Dawson said...

I can't make my mind up which I like best, I think the layout works well with the immagery of rain on the second

9:43 AM  
Blogger idi said...

Hello Nasra,
yes, everything ok.
dont have so much time to blog at the moment.
I am bloggin on www.cherylrichardson.com at the moment
Thanks for your post on my blog
I have to write a new post.
Sure.
But I do need my leisure time, don't I?
Be a good girl.
I like this second form of the poem more though I don't any longer like that much love-poems (in former times yes)
In former times I lived in a dream-world with my love-poems.
I prefer now to be realistic and care for my proper life because being lucky on one's own is the best condition to find the right partner for life.
Be brave - be encouraged - be blessed.
Yours Heidi

1:10 PM  
Blogger Innocent Bullet said...

I love the woman's predicament in the end. The moment beckons, screams for the love to be sacrificed for lust and then one gives in, losing innocence forever. Lovely.

Thank you. :-)

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we can all relate to your poem Nasra. At some time in our lives we have all been there. The great thing about experiencing such emotion is the ability to allow the heart to open and see what creativity can pour from an open heart. A broken heart is an open heart. Well done and thankyou for sharing. x

5:06 PM  
Blogger . said...

I am doing fine, Thanks Nasra, I hope you are doing fine too.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Lovely! Nasra...you have the touch. Hoping life is well with you. Again, thank you for all you do and all you are.

4:33 AM  
Blogger meetu said...

nasra plz plz plz i need your book .jus saw u have one.can i get it in india??

plz plz plz !!!!!

10:19 PM  
Blogger ... said...

I could feel the crescendo of this lovely poem build as I read on. Drops of rain turned into the tortured storm in the eyes. Beautiful and aching.

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing.... It s too good.. I regularly visit your blog but did not leave comments till now..could not resist this time..Too good..

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when the right picture accompanies the right piece..you get symphony..and ur piece is just that..a rhythm of emotions..falling like droplets..and swamping one in memories..of their own..wmy fav.lines..
"Deep within I knew,
There was no path to return".

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home