Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Breeze of Home


                                                     Originally uploaded by 






I have been wondering
At a sound of flute calling
The wind does not fight me
A friend that carries me home
I submit to the wind
Breezing me to a home
As my feet lands,
Subtle ground embraces me
I just sink in an aroma within a womb
Petals that sways within my arms
Momentarily I am bewitched
A home that somehow was missed

“Every soul keeps searching, the search does not stop for a soul to find its home. Some of us spend a lifetime of our human existence in search. Yet a soul does not need a tangible home to exist, just a tiny place filled in contentment become a home”


Copyright 2008 Nasra Al Adawi

Inspired by a photo by Don at Flickr.com

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger EATING POETRY said...

How beautiful... and true! Especially the last part. See the soul is always growing, so just when it thinks it finds rest, a place to call home, it is called to rise again and face new challenges life brings. You are so right, home is not a place but a space in time where one is momentarily content.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Alicia M B Ballard StudioGaleria said...

Dear Nasra,
so tender and true...
Wonderfully expressed.

Hope to find you well - observing Ramadan... all my best to you and yours

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home