Thursday, August 14, 2008

Unpaved Sea

"Wait For Me"
I pleaded for you
To hear me
To take me with you
Under your wings
"Wait for me"
I could barely speak
But your boat
Sailed without me
Foot prints faded
Harrying for your journey
A journey without me
Despite all oath of love
We forked on a different course
A sea that has no paved path
No prints of your journey
No beginning road
Or a trace for me to follow
So I'm all lost
Tracing endless sea

Copyright 2008 Nasra Al Adawi

This poem inspired by a blog : Selma in the City...The story ..the poetry can not be described ...
Photo is copyright of Martinreach in flickr.com

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Relentless Sea
Wind
Spray

The lonely
Lonely sound of
Endless waves rolling
Crashing
Retreating

Now I know
Why the Gull cries so

6:32 PM  
Blogger Medusa aka expiringpoet said...

I love this one nasra..fills me with wistful sadness as i'm reading it...*sniff*

2:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your story touched home we can only go on and make he best of what we have and work for better. thanks

2:16 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Moving and touching, you always get my emotions on top Nasra.
Beautiful as always, thank you.

2:53 AM  
Blogger Azer Mantessa said...

sadness felt on her being left.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Charlie said...

Nasra, as always, these words move me. They are as liquid as the sea, and fathoms deep. --Charlie

10:04 AM  
Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

So sad but so good to read!

9:42 AM  
Blogger starry said...

sad but very well written.can almost feel the emotion.

9:55 PM  
Blogger human being said...

the STARS are there to tell us which path to follow when lost in the SEA...

impressive work...

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home