Thursday, June 15, 2006

~ Gulnaz ~ In her Tribute


Lingering on Hope

Since November 2005
Her pages remain blank
She left us yearning for her prose
Blank on a winter day
Softly time slips through the hours
The seasons circulates
Here we are waiting for her news
Waiting to reap her new words
For all of us been kept on thirst
Trembling with thirst for so long
Lingering on hope with one question:
"Gulnaz where are you?"

When I started blogging, Gulnaz you were guiding friend who showed me the ropes of blogging and through your links I made more friends. You were an inspirational writer and a poet. Not only that, it is you who encouraged me to write. Where ever you are I missed having you, your pages remains blank. I hope you are safe and sound and you have taken timeout from writing but it worries me that you have not replied my e-mails. So I pray for you that where ever you are May God protect you….Without meeting you in person you truly were a beautiful person….It was such an honor knowing you…..

Please forgive me if I said anything that had hurt you unintentionally or was insensitive in any way, I truly can not justify it but the character of being human it blinds the person at times

Gulnaz knowing you was:

Light at dawn
Steals the sky
From darkness

Copyright 2005,
Gulnaz

Gulnaz had passion for writing, she explains it in her own words " The very act of 'writing' is somehow very gratifying....maybe it is sheer self-indulgence, well so be it then. looking forward to squeezing out every drop of pleasure from it."

Before I end this tribute in hope you will join me to honour Gulnaz, Im going to leave you with one of her precious words:

~Seeking Grace ~
Is it at all possible to start anew? I don't think so. We have to live with our sins hopefully not till eternity; hopefully there will be redemption. I realized too late, that the basic, old-fashioned values are the cornerstone of a peaceful life. I want to say I am sorry to all those whom I have wronged, intentionally and/or unintentionally. When I see 'good' people, I can see a ‘lightness’ in them. I envy them their lightness.

Gulnaz

All Photos are copyright of Gulnaz

25 Comments:

Blogger Darius said...

Me too. I used to visit her blog regularly.

That's a major downside of cyberfriendship. There was also someone I was emailing with regularly as well as blogging, and she "disappeared" as well. You have absolutely no way of knowing what happened.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

gulnaz gets my vote. she was/is an inventive writer and one brim full of fresh ideas and thoughts. i miss her words very much and so wish that she would return to blogging. i still go to her site on occassion just to see if she has returned. haven't been there for awhile. will try again now.
fingers crossed that she will come back.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Lorena said...

nasra, this is beautiful. i also use to look forward to her writing and poetic words. she has a unique light that always made me feel less alone and i felt she was my friend despite the distance. i miss all the comments she use to leave that would always inspire me. i hope she is happy wherever she is and i also say a little prayer that she comes back to us with loads of good news!!! :)

i have hope that she is smiling somewhere right now......as we all are when we think of her and the honor at having had the privilege to have known her through her writing.

it was sweet of you Nasra to keep her spirit alive! thank you for this beautiful tribute.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Joann said...

Gulnaz- - Her words to us so lovely, are missed. I feel her by blue water and a warm breeze with a smile on her face.

2:04 PM  
Blogger mermaid said...

Gulnaz, Nasra echoes many of our sentiments. If you are not writing here, I pray that you are writing somewhere. Peace, bhen.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Innocent Bullet said...

I wish your friend is fine. :-)

Best regards,

D

7:11 PM  
Blogger Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Lovely tribute.

Discovered your blog through Gautami.

People move through life
and they touch us.
Life moves through people
and it touches them.
What moves through each of us
connects us all
and we are one always.

My blessings,

Don

2:24 AM  
Blogger Russell Ragsdale said...

What Gulnaz created through her blog stil lives within me. I miss her presence in our blogworld like a crab would miss that occasional trip onto the briliant sand above the water. No, I'm wrong, I miss her as the crab would miss water iteslf. I can only hope that she is well, safe and happy. All the best, sweet lady, wherever you are! We find you now by longing.

Nasra, thanks for hosting this tribute!

11:41 AM  
Blogger Sue hardy-Dawson said...

I too miss the special incite she gave us into her world, a world I might otherwise have never known. I hope it's just that she's just to busy enjoying her life and that she's OK and I like to think that even if she's too busy to post she looks in and knows that she is missed

7:51 AM  
Blogger Zhoen said...

I came to her site once, after she left a post on mine. And after assuming she was simply a scanty blogger, I put her with my scanty blog list. I did not read her archives, nor come back often. I had no idea she had gone silent.

Hopefully, she is just off traveling, with no computer access.

You never know who you will touch, who will touch you, however fleeting, that may change a life.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Perfect Virgo said...

Like all the others I visit The Apple Pathways from time to time hoping for a dramatic return. Wherever she is I hope she is at peace.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Patry Francis said...

Thanks for this beautiful tribute to a truly beautiful soul. Though I never met her, we corresponded by email, and I think of her frequently. I hope that you succeed in locating her.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Prat said...

I wonder about her so many times. I hope she is alright.
Thanks for doing this, Nasra.
I really really hope she is ok.

10:08 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

thanks Nasra,

but wat has happened to her, can some one not find out... i hope that it is not wat we r thinking...

KJ

5:58 AM  
Blogger Pallavi said...

Hey Nasra..

I hope she is just taking a break. Have not been blogging a while.. for lack of time not lack of interest..

My wishes to Gulnaz..

I sure hope she will come back and lets not put it as a tribute please.. sounds so final..

Let there be hope..

HUgssssssssss

10:35 AM  
Blogger Just A Human said...

I DON'T MISS GULNAZ.

Written words fade with time,
mountains explode and disapper,
but inspired minds are like stars born from the Sun,
directions to voyagers and inspiration to the discoverers...

Gulnaz is with us always.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Lorena said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Lorena said...

nasra, i'm not sure if you are aware that she had a flickr site, here is the link to view some of her photographs:
click here

hope all is well with you :)

1:46 PM  
Blogger Mridula said...

I too wonder where this lovely girl vanished.

1:48 AM  
Blogger iamnasra said...

Eden
Darius
Lorena
Cocaine Jesus
Joann
Mermaid
Don Iannone
Russell Ragsdale

I really thought one of you would have some news about her but seeing you here had really touched me ...knowing that Gulnaz did not only inspired me but had inspired awhole lot to what I have expected

12:07 PM  
Blogger Bhupatkar said...

Lovely and inspiring.

6:21 AM  
Blogger DeeM said...

I too hope she is well.
Her writing always inspired me.
Thank you for this tribute! :)

11:48 AM  
Blogger idi said...

Hello nasra,
thanks for visiting my page - what did you mean by e-mail abd? I don't remember...

With Gulnaz it's the same like with Irina http://www.blogger.com/profile/7898439

I am so sad. She also helped me to create my own blog, like Gulnaz.

I am leaving for holidays

Will be back in August

Heidi

5:19 PM  
Blogger gulnaz said...

there is no other word, and the one i know is not enough....still it would have to do, thank you!!!!!
love you guys!!!!
:)
am ok, totally so!

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

will you even see this comment? Gulnaz had a wonderful blog, and I wonder where she's gone, too. people disappear so easily. thanks for guiding me to your blog via your comment on mine.

3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home