Friday, May 05, 2006

In Their World

A poet
I might not be
In world of renowned poets
Poetry had melted this heart
Wiggling in its touch
The wonder of such lust

Nasra Al Adawi

I was so lucky getting a chance to attend a seminar of professor who writes poetry as a hobby. Dr William Sypher had amazed the listeners with the journey towards writing poetry. With humor, emotion, music he brought up the essence of writing poetry. I was there dazed with his words; it was just like hearing confession on why we write poetry. The reason we get hypnotized to play with words. It is an art but without the paint and paint brush, it is just words that creates music in the readers mind. I always loved poetry I just can not define why I love poetry but its when the words are accumulated and how words are put together. I really can not define it - it brings such thrill to me.

Dr William Sypher was working for English Department for Sultan Qaboos University- Oman.

6 Comments:

Blogger Darius said...

Glad you're back -

5:37 PM  
Blogger . said...

Hey that's wonderful, luck you =) ..the short poem is nice.

2:55 AM  
Blogger Cold Cut Ten said...

I think you've nailed it down perfectly with that little poem. It's an art, the paint is made of words, words that add color when you mix them up right and recreate scenes when you compose them into poetry.

2:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have such poignant, unique voice in your poetry. Thanks for your touching verses on my diary of Silence.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Uaridi said...

Just saw your comment on a USA blog and realised I owed you a visit. Thanks to you and Mshairi, I am appreciating poems

12:32 PM  
Blogger Russell Ragsdale said...

I liked this a lot Nasra! Great touch of the non-conventional.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home