Tuesday, October 17, 2006

~ Please don’t let me, give up ~


Please
Don’t let me give up
No matter how bad the fall
I have to learn to walk again
A painful stand
Begins with a few steps
Each step taken with tears
Barely can hold
I end up falling
In silent scream
“How could walking be so hard?”
These trials seem child’s play
About to accept my falls
“Was I meant to stand again?”
Agonizing to let this thought pierce my brain
I’ll have another try
Please …
Don’t let me give up
My will - my strength
Pushing against all -
This time, I’ll stand and walk!

© 2005, Nasra Al Adawi

When you are on verge of giving up, it’s the need of those who you love around to just give you a reminder “Despite the hardship, you can not let go of the rope easily”. This is a call if we see someone who we love and care for and they are giving up whatever hardship they are in- please remind them to not give up. Living is not about the heartbeat of our heart, or breathing through our lungs, its about not giving up in the face of any struggle of life.

This poem is to share with Breast Cancer Awareness month

BSE

Its great news that we were able together with the support of DHL Oman and Community Development Corporation of Tanzania to print BSE (Breast Self Examination) in English and Swahili to spread awareness in Tanzania.
The leaflet was nothing but a group effort that made the leaflet possible and I owe my appreciation to Anne Marie (a great friend who took time to do illustrations for the leaflet), Said Al Kharusy (for Translation in Suwahili), Hamoud Hilal Al Jabry (For proofreading and his tremendous support), Ms. Elieshi and the ladies of Community Development Corporation of Tanzania for all the leg work to distribute the leaflets to the women in Tanzania and Embassy of Tanzania in Muscat (For their kind effort to support the campaign).
afri

I was truly touched bydhllogoOman who had reached out to support our effort to spread awareness. “Thank you DHL Oman”

(to visit the website of DHL please click the logo)

12 Comments:

Blogger Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

So filled with heart and caring. Thank you for what you do, Nasra. You're a blessings to others.

4:06 AM  
Blogger polona said...

i was moved by this post.
what you do is important. thank you.

11:01 AM  
Blogger gulnaz said...

it never ceases to surprise me how big a heart you have!!!
you are a rare creature!
XOXO

12:14 PM  
Blogger M. Shahin said...

Very beautiful Nasra, and truly inspiring. May your writing always be blessed!

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can not thank you enough for all you are doing for the Women of Tanzania.When the book "BRAVE FACES" daring stands against cancer comes out,I will climb on top of Kilimanjaro mountain and shoutyour name, so the whole world claps hands for you(smile!)MAY GOOD GOD KEEP YOU HEALTHY,WEALTH & WISE.Akhsante sana Nasra.
Elieshi

7:04 AM  
Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

i applaud what you are doing. if you want anything of mine that can assist you then please let me know.
x

6:24 AM  
Blogger idi said...

thank you for your comment and e-mails.
The interview is nice.
Well done!
Your blog-page is so nice - what a pitty that I didn't visit it for such a long time - I read it just in a "short-way"
Yours
Heidi

2:54 PM  
Blogger J. Andrew Lockhart said...

Wonderful work! I'm very interested in anything that has to do with breast cancer, since my mother died from it 17 years ago.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Misreflection said...

Very touching indeed.Sometimes we are nothing without the strengt we draw from others.. Great piece of writing showing copious amounts of compassion and solidarity. Eid mubarak for mon/ tues..

12:34 PM  
Blogger Mother Courage said...

eid mubarak nasra, have a good one ;-)

3:35 PM  
Blogger ufukhati said...

HAPPY IDULFITRI.

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nasra,

Thank you for your kind words.

It was a pleasure to be involved with such a worthy cause.

Kind Regards,

Mark.

2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home