Friday, September 08, 2006

Read



If its words
Scattered all over
Bring them close together
Let them have meaning
Allow your heart to read them
You can read beyond the sentences
You can read between the lines
You can sail so deeply
Beyond what words can take
Just sail further into reading
Reaching the distance of your soul
The world will be
A different shape and color
You will analyze the misconceptions
As you touch shallowness and lies
On reaching the peek of reading
You will weigh scriptures of your life

© 2006, Nasra Al Adawi


The Club President of Rotary Club of Dares Salaam – Mzizima in Tanzania Ms. Elieshi Ndesandjo have been telling me that we have to promote reading… So even though its not the world month of reading…This week my blog is celebrating reading …As I went into analyzing reading, I realized that reading has many layers, don’t let you reading be shallow, sink deep into what you read….

On a theme of reading I found this website very useful on theme of reading and poetry. Take a time to vist it. Very educational, it has meant to be for teachers but I feel its so good to learn out of it for adults too... Click the icon to go to the link

On the news of L.I.P blog it has featured Liz of ~Blue Sky Tavern~ blog. She is a poet from Singapore, I have been so slow to write about it due to my travel and death of a member of my family. Please click the icon on the side to read the interview and should you feel that there is a blog of poetry needed to be highlighted and would like to interview the poet, your are welcome to feature the writer/poet in LIP. As L.I.P is a blog where we celebrate the creativity of each other it’s a blog for any one who like to interview a poet and writer…

11 Comments:

Blogger ufukhati said...

A nice words on "words".

Yes, always read beyond the sentences...

8:33 PM  
Blogger gulnaz said...

reading is one habit which gives me a lot of peace...i love everything about books!!!!
when i havent read a book in a long while i start to crave the very act of reading.

11:51 PM  
Blogger idi said...

Please, Lord, my God
help me that no
shallowness, no lies
will be found in my life

1:06 AM  
Blogger Plus Ultra said...

lovely poem

5:14 PM  
Blogger Crunchy Weta said...

Until your last line of "Read" i thought it was only a slightly above average read. The last line took it elsewhere!
Cheers
Glenn

8:09 PM  
Blogger Misreflection said...

Great post as usual, its been too long since I dropped by, forgive me life stuggles , the fight against time etc.. you are indeed a flicker of light and grateful for the light you shine the work you do.. God bless always.

4:59 AM  
Blogger Pecos Blue said...

I liked this very much. Thank you.

9:51 AM  
Blogger IntI said...

indeed, reading sumtimes take into sumwhere else ,
very lovely wat u wrote there :)

9:22 PM  
Blogger How do we know said...

You have such a lovely blog here!

4:43 AM  
Blogger idi said...

Muchas gracias de que has visitado mi blog espanol.

Espero que todo está bien con tu salud y tu vida.

Idi

10:54 AM  
Blogger idi said...

He comprendido todo que has escrito en mi blog.

Muchas gracias por el link
"teachers stories"

Así he conocido
Huckleberry Finn y
Tom Sawyer en algunos minutos

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home