Thursday, March 22, 2007

~Mother Tree Spirit~


If spring calls on me
Would the flowers fall?
In its fruiting colors
Embracing delights in me
Whispering farewell to its mother tree
As gentle breeze tickles this tree
It whisks all brittle leaves
At last, long branches have freed
The grips of decayed leaves
Leaving me to wonder
On how courageous this tree
To let go of its leaves
Without shedding a tear
Realty strikes an angle
Pulling strings of my soul
I forget my glee
As the spirit of mother tree
Falls on me
I bite on different reality
Of how nature plays a knife
Dislocating leaves out of its branches
At times without a chance to bid goodbye
In the name of mother tree
I cry for her loss
As I live its pain
That strikes right through my veins
I cry as a tree
Without even a falling tear
Neither a sobbing whimper
Standing through the rain
Standing through the pain

@2007, Nasra Al Adawi

Many thanks to threadlike.blogspot.com for your inspiration
Uploaded by fernando [pixelstains] in flickr.com. to view more photos click the photo

12 Comments:

Blogger gautami tripathy said...

I too hate to see a tree shedding leaves. But that is law of nature.

I love the last few lines.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Kai said...

beautiful nasra

12:49 PM  
Blogger magiceye said...

c'est la vie?! tough!

5:16 AM  
Blogger Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Nasra...such a lovely one! Thank you for this gift.

6:50 AM  
Blogger krystyna said...

Thank you Nasra, you are always an inspiration. Beautiful!
May your day be fiiled with magical moments.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Janice Thomson said...

How poignantly sweet your words amble through hearts Nasra.

1:44 PM  
Blogger J. Andrew Lockhart said...

very powerful!

9:59 PM  
Blogger Swamy VKN said...

I really do not have words to express my moods now after reading this lovely poem; great writing Nasra. God bless you.

6:23 AM  
Blogger M. Shahin said...

"Of how nature plays a knife
Dislocating leaves out of its branches
At times without a chance to bid goodbye"

That is the way of life although sometimes it seems cruel. But there is always death and rebirth happening all around us. Beautiful words and gorgeous image!

Thanks for stopping by my blog a while ago. Always appreciate your visits. I should be blogging again soon...hopefully at least. I know I've been saying this for a while now :)

3:06 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Beautiful!

7:49 AM  
Blogger How do we know said...

This is so beautiful!!

11:23 AM  
Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

I like the courage of the tree letting the leaves go. A lesson for us all...

4:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home