Saturday, August 25, 2007

~My African Lady~

I take a glance at you
My African lady
Your skin is full of glow
The color of the mountain
Persistence in your fighting
Prevailing among all
You gaze beyond the distance reach
A symbol of determination
Your heart is the finest
A lioness in your soul

Copyright Nasra Al Adawi



To say the truth I can not recall when I wrote this poem, it was forgotten for sometime and here it is I founed it with a painting posted in http://benjaminheine.blogspot.com/2007/08/african-lady.html. Added with an amazing painting. As attached above. This painting is the work of Ben Heine who is Cartoonist-journalist in Belgium. Indeed, its an honor for me

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Ashi said...

Wonderful words to a marvellous drawing.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Janice Thomson said...

I love the painting Nasra that accompanies your delightful words.

5:07 PM  
Blogger krystyna said...

"My African Lady" - an amazing painting and an amazing poem!
A symbol of determination!
Thank you Nasra for sharing this art with your poem!

7:28 AM  
Blogger Alok said...

I followed the link too .... ur words are so fantastic

alok

8:44 AM  
Blogger floots said...

you capture the sense of power and pride beautifully
thank you
(like the pic too)
cheers

10:49 AM  
Blogger Sherri B. said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog...your poetry is so rich and vivid. I am enjoying it immensely!

11:05 AM  
Blogger J. Andrew Lockhart said...

This is a beautiful poem.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Ben Heine said...

Dear Nasra,
thanks so much for republishing this drawing with your fantastic poem. I'm much honoured and delighted to meet you. I hope we stay in touch.

I'll link up with your tremendous blogs and continue to visit them.
We share the same loves : Art, passion and beauty

Warmly,
Ben

2:28 PM  
Blogger Szavanna said...

Hi there Nasra, hope you are well!

Thanks for your submission - the beautiful poem and painting is included in the 6th edition of the carnival:
http://belleafrique.blogspot.com/2007/11/beautiful-africa-6th-edition.html

much greetings from Anna

3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home