Thursday, July 19, 2007

~ Soil Earth ~


Iranian Workers
Originally uploaded by HORIZON


I live the earth
Knowing it will outlive me
On a terrain of river
That had fell on me
Follow happiness as it poured
Nowhere except in me
Now find it all over my face
Lush happiness through my soil
Know that I'm a man
Who simply lived the earth
Carrying on my soil:
Mountains and rivers
If it flows or trembles down
I will be the soil to embrace it back
So the earth is me even if I'm gone

Copyright 2007, Nasra Al Adawi




This photograph has been taken in Iran by a photographer with a nickname of Horizon. The man of there is an Irani Worker his name is Morad. I hope you can visit the site of the photographer to read the whole story (only click the photo). The poem is based on the above photograph which is posted at flickr.com

What is amazing about this photo is that his eyes so content and he has amazing smile

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Simply wonderful, and so is the picture. What a gift you have Nasra.

6:21 AM  
Blogger rauf said...

we humans have done everything to alienate ourselves from mother earth, though every one claims to love her. We have gone completely out of line Nasra. We forget that we came from earth and we go back to earth.

8:41 AM  
Blogger krystyna said...

Hi Nasra!
I love your poem and your amazing correlation with photo. I was touched with picture of your words. I'm wonder if you wrote this poem after seeing this photo?
What a wonderful, but sad story of this old man.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

we all need to rediscover connections with the earth, to understand that we're all a part of it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and this photo.

11:33 PM  
Blogger floots said...

we are the earth
working with the soil is always fulfilling
though it can be a harsh taskmaster in some countries/environments
thank you

11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like how this poem shows that we really belong to the earth. The last two lines really struck me as powerful stuff.

- Liz

12:38 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

We seem to be on very similar ground with our Thursday posts - the need to find our place within nature making use of some human examples.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Janice Thomson said...

This was so wonderful Nasra. How perfectly you describe our connection with soil. The photo is marvelous.
Ditto Don on his comment about the gift of poetry within your soul.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Linda Jones Malonson said...

ahhh .. Mother Earth, yes .. she survives us all, but than again, we are a part of this wonderful thing called nature.

Feeling better, walking with a cane, but still ... it's all good!

7:46 PM  
Blogger trinitystar said...

the toils of life continue thereafter.
Great photograph ... member of flickr myself ... will take a look.
Thank you for sharing Nasra.

2:11 AM  
Blogger mystic rose said...

awesome. love this poem and these words and the way you connected to the earth. beautiful!

3:30 PM  
Blogger mystic rose said...

also, nasra, thank you for your kind words. it is indeed an honor that you think my words worthy of featuring in your blog.

i will be away for a little while.

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home