Monday, August 27, 2007

~ Umbilical Cord ~



Hollow is my soul
When you are not escalating,
Within my transparent walls
My inner world is empty
Even the thinnest air,
Left me so deserted
All alone craving for words
Words that vibrates an empty soul
That silences a troubled subsistence
Fueling words igniting life in me
Not scattered words thrown inside my home
Your are all Poetry
You are every cell that exists me
How can droplets of words
Ripple beats within my heart
I’m surviving through your cord
Umbilical cord nourishing my existence
I name you by one word :
Poetry

Copyright 2007 Nasra Al Adawi

Photo is by S. Gasataldi in flickr.com . Thank you for this photo Gastaldi.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How I feel it in my bones. THis is very good.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Janice Thomson said...

Oh yes! How perfectly you depict this feeling Nasra. Beautifully said.

11:49 AM  
Blogger gulnaz said...

wow! its wonderful the way you you write so passionately, its there in all your words.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Alok said...

This is excellent Nasra ..... beautifully written

alok

6:55 AM  
Blogger floots said...

a most apt analogy nasra
thank you

10:26 AM  
Blogger Cold Cut Ten said...

This describes rather well how I feel about poetry and how I feel when I don't have anything to write.

- Liz

3:43 PM  
Blogger krystyna said...

Beautifully writen! Beautiful analogy!
Please. tell me
How can I buy your books?
Wishing you a wonderful day!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Ashi said...

This yarn is wonderful and well written

12:51 AM  
Blogger Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Wonderful, Nasra. Well-done.

4:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poetry is the stuff of life. Well done.

5:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can droplets of words
Ripple beats within my heart


Loved it and came here thru' Krystyna..

9:26 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

I've been interested in the creative process for a long time. I like the way this touches on it. I've honestly found it hard to get a handle on - really quite mysterious. Touching on it is probably the best we can do!

10:18 AM  
Blogger magiceye said...

lovely expressions

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home