Saturday, January 05, 2008

~Drizzle On Me~


Crack
Originally uploaded by
Crea.tive

"I miss wiritng and finding myself within poetry, here I am a desert longing for even drizzles on me"

~Drizzle On Me~

If drizzles falls
I will be here
To greet it with my soul
Why can I not receive it?
When it falls so gentle
At times so hesitant
To pour as rain
If it only knew that I needed
A bit of drizzle on me
So I can awake
Tickling with tiny droplets
Nourishing my senses
Moulting the desert on me
A renewal of where I have been
Standing as new
A new start I begin

Copyright 2008 Nasra Al Adawi


photo with apperciation from flickr.com by Crea.tive

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Alok said...

Oh Nasra it is beautifully written ... what a way to have started this poem and then the flow is sustained ...

Anew you will stand my friend and anew u will be ...

Alok

11:23 AM  
Blogger Janice Thomson said...

I love this Nasra and know exactly what you mean. Beautifully composed my friend.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Azer Mantessa said...

loving it :-)

5:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

rain in the desert is life and hope.
a moving post, Nasra.

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem for the new year -

8:37 AM  
Blogger Kai said...

beautiful, nasra!

9:49 AM  
Blogger floots said...

the song says "into each life a little rain must fall" as if it's always a bad thing
i'm with you on this one
sometimes i crave the touch of refreshing rain - be it literal or figurative
thank you

2:01 PM  
Blogger krystyna said...

Thank you Nasra!
Beautifully writen, love it!

7:36 PM  
Blogger Cold Cut Ten said...

I know the feeling that this poem is talking about. :)

3:54 PM  
Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

lovely poem

10:50 AM  
Blogger david santos said...

I love this poema, Nasra.
Thank you

6:43 AM  
Blogger Ashi said...

Wonderful words Nasra, for the soul a honey wine to relished.

1:00 AM  
Blogger Kuan Gung said...

Very nice...beautiful

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home