Thursday, November 13, 2008

~ Transformed Swan ~


Waiting
Originally uploaded by dennyshortt

How feminine can a woman be without her nails?
A long nails, in French manicure
Seem to be a necessity for a wedding day
As I wait for transformation
To glow in a bridal swan
I’m all that bride
With her nails and toes all done
It can only be a French manicure to beautify slick nails
Then pedicure glossing my toes

copyright 2008 Nasra Al Adawi

So what does it take to get married in Omani Zanzibarian culture. I would have made a movie out of it. The episodes and the need to transform into a beautiful swan, a must for every bride.

Would love to share more, I begin the episodes with nails and nail toes … SO my learning does not stop here, here bits from Answers.com on nails and toes :

WordNet: manicure

The noun has one meaning:

Meaning #1: professional care for the hands and fingernails



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The verb manicure has 2 meanings:

Meaning #1: trim carefully; of fingernails

Meaning #2: care for one's hand by cutting and shaping the nails, etc.

A pedicure is a way to improve the appearance of the feet, and their nails. It basically is a manicure for the feet. The word pedicure comes from the Latin words pes, which means foot, and cura, which means care. It also means the care of the feet and toenails. A pedicure can be helpful because it can prevent nail diseases and nail disorders. Pedicure is not just limited to nails, usually dead skin of feet is rubbed off using a rough stone called pumice stone.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Kai said...

well its beautiful

11:43 AM  
Blogger starry said...

Congratulations did you get married.

12:49 PM  
Blogger goatman said...

Oh Oh . . . am I to understand that it is your marriage you discuss?
You are very coy but I think that I am right.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

I was a terrible bride. I did not care about these things, and I even forgot to put on makeup. But it was 30 years ago, and there were a lot of hippie brides. I wasn't exactly that, but close.

That's a pretty picture.

So, are you getting married? Or was this from a while ago?

2:22 AM  
Blogger krystyna said...

I have the same question as others.
Transformed Swan is very beautiful and meaninful.

Have a wonderful days, dear Nasra!

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The wedding bells are on the way... Its a new jurney of life..some of us will take it ..

Thanks for your lovely messages

Nasra

6:34 PM  
Blogger Sam!! said...

Have a wonderful n beautiful life ahead dear Nasra.. congratulation for getting married dear:))

God bless you!!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Neer said...

Congratulations!! and a same pinch... !! yep, me too... on 7th! :)

isnt that awesome?? and i totally know... what you saying, the only thing being.. i am too lazy to make efforts :p

12:19 AM  
Blogger goatman said...

I can't wait to see how sharing your life with another affects your poetry.
A new chapter opens and presents new dimensions and feelings each to have an influence.
My best wishes to you, and happiness.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home