Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Is It Something To Be Angry About

Woman's eye closed by Itani stock photos
Woman's eye closed, a photo by Itani stock photos on Flickr.
I don’t know how many who feels like this….Can you blame me if I feel tired of being a woman…As I stood in mid of court ..To defend a principle that I’m a good wife ..And wearing abaya ..Really does not translate being a good wife..Sharia did not state all women have to wear abaya ..So lets close the case and lets live on..They say please your husband..What about his bonding words..Agreement from beginning of a marriage..He accepted that I do not wear abaya..Let me be the decision maker for wanting to wear abaya or not… How many women out there faces this.. How many women have changed their way of life… As they think it’s a silly issue to keep battling about ..Or it cannot be discussed…Or even feel that they will miss our Creator’s blessing as  woman can not voice out such topic…


I would Love To Hear Women Point of View ???

2012 Nasra Al Adawi Thoughts

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger goatman said...

These seem cultural leanings: here businessman must wear tie and suitcoat and woman must shave her legs and armpits. Else they will not get work or might get looked upon poorly. Seems to me that abaya may be a holdover from the past when men ruled and woman had to be kept hidden and speak little. That is getting over now as we become more a planet of people who must live together and be free of the cultural bonds.
But it may take awhile.

From: Not a woman . . .

9:26 AM  
Blogger iamnasra said...

Thanks for your view point over here ..I think at time you need to open the window and breathe..today it does not look so bad LOL

11:44 AM  
Blogger Le petit écrivain said...

Things are much better today, anyway..

5:43 AM  
Blogger Le petit écrivain said...

Things are much better today..

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home