Friday, March 22, 2013

~Raindrop Falls~

Raindrops on a Leaf by 1963chris
Raindrops on a Leaf, a photo by 1963chris on Flickr.

I was there all falling
Searching for a hero to save me
I kept falling, and falling
There were no hands to reach me
In midst of the fall, it became so clear
As I was going down, I’m all alone in this fall
Then the urge to survive on my own
Became the will stronger than myself
I plunged for life,
Taking what seems to be the last breath of air
Oh, God, I could  feel the strength
A miracle that arrived to me
Bringing a realization that I’m blessed falling here
Like raindrops ought to fall
The fall is not the end
Its actually the beginning
Raindrops fall for a reason
Nourishing whatever it touch
I’m no longer afraid to touch the ground
That is how I go on towards surviving

Copyright 2013 Nasra Al Adawi

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger goatman said...

Very nice poem.
Touching the ground is good.
I hope that you are well.

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the way rain is described in this poem. It wasn't until I moved to the desert that I learned to appreciate how stunning and moving the rain could be.

11:24 AM  
Anonymous John Lee said...

The way you described falling into the earth as nourishing new life was really intriguing. As if too say falling through the skies of life was not really an end but a beginning in the sense that through you a new start will occur. As the rain hits the ground and will in turn raise a new plant, or life. I very much enjoyed the comparison between rain and the solitary struggle we all face as individuals.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous matt at shadow of iris said...

**The fall is not the end
Its actually the beginning
Raindrops fall for a reason**

So much wisdom, packed into three lines.

Such a beautiful poem!

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home