Monday, October 23, 2006

Incomplete


Eid
I heard that word
Realizing its festivity
Its more than just a word for a child
Not about the new clothes and sweets
Nor the *eidiya- a chance to buy a favorite toy
Togetherness, the feeling that comes with it
Sheer laughter echoes all the doors
I greeted with smile and tears
I embraced it with sorrow and glow
I celebrated with all my beloved family and friends
I mourn for those who have been fated
Not to join our smiles
Missing its utter happiness for reasons beyond control
My soul is lingering there with you
Where the moment meant
Happiness replacing tears
Joy erasing agony
My joy is incomplete
knowing that in one corner of this earth
You have been deprived to glow in the festive of Eid

Alhambra wall detail Alhambra wall detail,


As we celebrate Eid, my thought takes me to areas where war and unsettled politics zone awake in obscurity. Hospitals where ill children miss to join other children because of illness, all I have is to whisper a prayer for them

Kids (2)


Photo of the masjid (mosque) is by bgladman
Photo of wall details is by
rg250871.
Photo of the children by Mernas.
All the phots are from Flickr.com ...Many thanks for colouring my blog with your amazing photos

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salaam yes EID is a day of celeberating and I wish you and your family a very Happy
..............EID MUBARAK...........
Wish you all the best

6:27 AM  
Blogger M. Shahin said...

"My joy is incomplete
knowing that in one corner of this earth
You have been deprived to glow in the festive of Eid"

How very sad, and yet a glimpse of a beautiful heart that cares. Thanks for this reminder Nasra!

Eid Mubarak to you :-)

10:12 AM  
Blogger Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Lovely Nasra. Very lovely. And I really like the door photo. The colors, textures, and shadows are wonderful.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Carmenisacat said...

Eid Mubarak wa qul am tu bkair.

I wish I was in Lebanon. What can I say. Eid in a small southwestern town in the US is pretty darn...not Eid like.

Oh well. Al ham du lillah. Allah Kareem.

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eid Mubarak to you Nasra . And by God's will , everyone around the world will have a moment of joy no matter where they live and go through..

Peace ^_^

4:37 AM  
Blogger Sphinx said...

Eid mubarak to you nasra! =)

6:46 AM  
Blogger Margie said...

Nasra... Eid Mubarak to you and your family!

Thanks for this lovely post!
Wonderful pictures!

Margie

9:46 AM  
Blogger J. Andrew Lockhart said...

really nice! The photos give so much power to it.

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eid Mubaarak,Nasra!!

9:47 AM  
Blogger . said...

Eid Momadrak.

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heartfelt worldly reminder.
(No, I didn't forget you! Never will. You've made a large impact that reaches to the inner folds of my soul.) I've merely been very busy in real life and rarely in blogland.

I read your tribute to Don and Liz but I htink I forgot to comment. Wonderful interviews on LP site. You're an excellent interviewer!

10:00 PM  
Blogger rauf said...

Its painful Nasra, loss of life, destruction, pain and suffering of thousands, are the results of human greed. Hope sense would prevail one day.

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting.

RH

9:36 AM  
Blogger Medusa aka expiringpoet said...

Dear Nasra,
Blessings of Eid to you and your family! And yes I agree, I always greet the end of Ramadan with mixed feelings...joy and sadness at the passing of the holy month. Let's pray for peace for all Muslims.
Amin..

9:50 AM  
Blogger Liz the Great said...

Soulfully beautiful

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home