Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Will be Missing You


Morning sips
Insulin of courage
Nibs of desire
And I’m fulfilled
Gazing at you lovingly
Misty coats unveiled
Sunlight awaking you
I love you
On my way home OmanYet I dare not
Dive into your watery plum
I admire
Dunes of your skin
Midst of your softness
The borne of wild plants
Unveiling your shyness to me
Without spoken words
You story reveals
I’m tied in your love
Only I hear the ballad cry
I hear your story
Condemned to bear
Development trends

In your silent cry
I hear youFaraway mountain Oman

I remember you as our virgin land
Now labeled private owned
Shoveling your earth
I have no right
To touch you with my hands
I have no right
For these feet to sink in your softness
I’m denied the insulin of life
The image of you
Though it will never die
In the core of my heart
I will be missing you always
Especially your morning embraces

Nasra Al Adawi
1/10/2006






With the new development heading and the construction tools are about to build modern city on a land that I always loved so much…My daily window whenever I'm off and back to work…Let me tell you that I will be missing this land so deeply. I was so attached to its inhibited landscape, it was so untouched just wild, yet so tranquil in its nature…

The first three photos are mine and Liza (a family friend)

The photo on the project belongs to Emaratiprincess from flickr.com


9 Comments:

Blogger amiethinggoes said...

this is intense. strong emotions. i like the way you convey your feelings through your words...through your verses. i wish i have the same gift, only i'm capable of being goofy.

4:52 AM  
Blogger gulnaz said...

development comes at a cost sometimes to the enviornment and sometimes to its people. i hope its worthwhile.
you have such intense affection for this, its amazing, i thought its for a person...you really are an amazing person. the landscape is awesome in its solitude and wilderness, if i were you i'd miss it too. great pictures!
i just hope what will take its place would be good for your country and its people.

1:46 AM  
Blogger ufukhati said...

nothing to choose,
something to lose,
voices of the heart remained.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Truly lovely poem Nasra. Inescapable! Joy to you.

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How lovely, Nasra but then again, all your poems are beautiful.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Kai said...

thank you for stopping by...&
i Saw Don...
he's wonderful. isn't he?

7:07 AM  
Blogger Medusa aka expiringpoet said...

The price of development, the loss of raw undisturbed beauty. I feel your sadness through this touching piece.

8:56 AM  
Blogger IntI said...

Masha allah very nice one i liked it,

11:28 PM  
Blogger Mother Courage said...

why all the projects should be on sea side? blocking the view and being such eye disturbance!!! we should do something about it ... in kuwait you cant even see the sea unless your inside one of those big malls!
i object!

6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home