Friday, August 04, 2006

The Cleanse


Water droplets
Originally uploaded by Pittam.




I keep many words in me

Some feelings are hard to reveal

Yet I wish I am a transparent face

So the truthful of who I am can be read on a first glimpse

I store many tears in me

These tears are not on the edge of my eyes

Carved so deep in me

Some pain are better off untold

Though, it's not a cavalry on my side

I believe that justice will come from God

His Mercy will not let wrong be wrong forever

The heaven fairness will rule on its own set time

Maybe or maybe not I will witness the fall

All I need now to cleanse my heart

I'm tired of having grudges inside

I want my soul to live the rest of its days so pure

Uncontaminated from hate and lies

Can I stand inhaling only fresh air of life?

Sadly, I can not sieve the air

Yet its not a reason to surrender


© 2005. nasra al adawi

Many Thanks to Pittam for the lovely photographs

12 Comments:

Blogger Ali Al Saeed said...

Dear Nasra,

Its so great to find another fellow writer in these parts! BIG CONGRATS on the launch of your book.

I'd love to learn more about it. Please email me on ali_zodiac@hotmail.com

Excellent blog by the way.

3:05 AM  
Blogger iamnasra said...

Im glad I can see my blog back..its been few days trieng to figure out what had happened to my blog..I have been told that a bug had affected my blog so I lost all links of my friends. Please forgive me it will take me some time to put everything back

2:12 PM  
Blogger Davoh said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:59 AM  
Blogger Davoh said...

Drat, that was me.. one of these days will figure out how this effin computer system actually works.

I wrote a sort of poem in reply, looked at it but didn't like the format, so thought I'd "save" it, re-write and repost. Arrrgh!, it somehow didn't save .. or copy, or whatever.

5:11 AM  
Blogger Davoh said...

the internet
is a fleeting thing.
it can sing
with passion
and compassion
or, forsooth
sting
with truth.

but each of us
throughout time
live within the pod
supreme, sublime
of god.


Nasra, Can only send my words of encouragement, for whatever they are worth.
Cheers and best wishes, D

5:23 AM  
Blogger ufukhati said...

iamnasra,

in ONE word :

"VAGUENESS"

6:32 AM  
Blogger Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

You speak for so many. Lovely Nasra. Beautiful words that can set us free. Blessings.

9:03 AM  
Blogger gulnaz said...

a beautiful poem....!!!

....your tribute leaves me speechless....am fine...thank you darling!

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very comforting piece, Nasra. :)

- Bluesky_Liz

11:56 PM  
Blogger Sue hardy-Dawson said...

Lovely poem, all sadness needs to come out or it will hurt the more kept deep buried inside

1:02 PM  
Blogger aa said...

"His Mercy will not let wrong be wrong forever"

I believe.

Set yourself free with this.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Many thanks for using my photos. Great poem by the way..

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home