Thursday, December 30, 2004

I Remain

I Remain

I had a poem in my mind
I was to lazy to jotted down
Now I lost the poem that might had been a great masterpiece
No worries, I guess it was not good enough that is why it was forgotten
I think my heart needed the rest
Yet my brain is defying this command
It wants to push this soul to its highest limit
Creativity that arises on a greatest peak
Still I remain a weak human- being
Shattered between desire and weariness
I can not help being human
I’m full of faults- No matter how hard I try I don’t reach perfection
Thence till I die I can not fully retire
So I remain to fight my way through into what we all call life and internal battles

©Nasra Al Adawi

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

This is beautiful...
I have felt this way many times. When I am driving long distances, or walking alone for a long while, I find thoughts that flicker in and out of my mind, and I try to catch them. Its as difficult as catching a fly.
What helps, sometimes, is a mini tape recorder. It can be difficult to actually speak the poetic ideas, because instantly you want to self-edit, but its best to just get out the ideas, and then edit them afterwards.

:) Very good poem.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home