Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Im Down Syndrome Child

This is maybe so different for some...Having been related to a beautiful down syndrome child...three of them ....I Just have a smile when I ever I recall one of them ....You do not see children with special needs on play ground or being taken out with parents...once it happens...people tend to stare....I worte this poem long time ago, I did change it a bit for its first form...

"Down sydrome children they are so loving and happy children" thats my qoute....

Im Down Syndrome Child

No one else but me
Had been stared at
Like a starnger on earth
They look at me worried and afraid
I smile and they hold back
Are they frighten of me?
Or is it who I am?
A downsydrome child
I reach for their love
I find none
I wonder if Im real or deviant on earth
In their polite silence, Im rejected
So I am a down syndrome but still need your affection
copyright 1993, nasra al adawi

I also found this website about parents who have down syndrome child
http://www.leeworks.net/DDS/
You will really be touched ....

Here is a poem that I found in website..its amazing poem and I think its should be here

My face maybe different
But my feelings the same
I laugh and I cry
And I take pride in my gains
I was sent here among you
To teach you love
As God in the heavens
Looks down from above
To Him I'm no different
His loves knows no bounds
It's cities and towns
That judge me by standards
That man has imparted
But this family I've chosen
Will help me get started
For I'm one of the specail children
So specail and few
That came here to learn
The same lessons as you
That love is acceptance
It must come from the heart
We all have the same purpose
Though not all the start
The Lord gave me life
To live and embrace
And I'll do it as you
But at my own pace.

I found this poem by an unkown auhtor here the source
http://members3.boardhost.com/DownsAndJesus/msg/101.html


Here is another website with touching poem on children with down syndrome
http://www.einstein-syndrome.com/inspiration/extra_within.htm


My Perfect Child
by Anonymous

As my children were born,
I wanted them to be perfect.

When they were babies,
I wanted them to smile and be content playing with their toys.

I wanted them to be happy and
to laugh continually instead of crying and being demanding.
I wanted them to see the beautiful side of life.

As they grew older,
I wanted them to be giving instead of selfish.
I wanted them to skip the terrible twos.
I wanted them to stay innocent forever.

As they became teen-agers,
I wanted them to be obedient and not rebellious,
mannerly and not mouthy.
I wanted them to be full of love,
gentle and kind-hearted.
"Oh, God, give me a child like this" was often my prayer.

One day He did.
Some call him handicapped... I call him Perfect!!

12 Comments:

Blogger nomadica said...

both poems are really beautiful. i like how you have posted up more information about the topic of your poetry. very informative indeed.

5:06 PM  
Blogger nomadica said...

both poems are really beautiful. i like how you have posted up more information about the topic of your poetry. very informative indeed.

5:06 PM  
Blogger nomadica said...

both poems are really beautiful. i like how you have posted up more information about the topic of your poetry. very informative indeed.

5:06 PM  
Blogger nomadica said...

both poems are really beautiful. i like how you have posted up more information about the topic of your poetry. very informative indeed.

5:06 PM  
Blogger nomadica said...

both poems are really beautiful. i like how you have posted up more information about the topic of your poetry. very informative indeed.

5:06 PM  
Blogger nomadica said...

both poems are really beautiful. i like how you have posted up more information about the topic of your poetry. very informative indeed.

5:07 PM  
Blogger nomadica said...

oops nasra i am so sorry about the multiple posts! i thought the comments weren't working so i hit the publish button one too many times! sorry!!

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nasra,

This is such a beautiful, touching poem. Those down symdrome children
are really precious, aren't they? I really liked the angle you took,
from the children's point of view.

Good work!
Patty

10:04 AM  
Blogger iamnasra said...

omanstuff
Thanks for visiting my website...I liked your website about Oman and the colour of your website...

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this, differences are feared rather than rejected by many people. It is sad that you have to be the one to ease our worries with a radiant smile.all the best

Lenchen Elf (3/10/2005 9:10:00 AM)

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very moving.....I think many of us are afraid of what we don't find familiar.....afraid to offend with the wrong words or actions. I guess silence can be just as wrong. Sincerely, Mary

Mary Nagy (3/10/2005 7:26:00 AM)

10:36 AM  
Blogger lovemyrylie said...

I think those are very sweet poems. I'm sure you have much love and respect for children with Down Syndrome and with that said....I'm a parent of a beautiful two year old who has Down Syndrome and I can't help but cringe when I hear people refer to children with Down Syndrome as "Down Syndrome children." I believe that they are children first and should be referred to as so. I find it slightly offensive to hear our children identified by their disability. Just something to think about, it never occurred to me before I had my son.

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home