Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Every Hardship, It Creats a Strong Woman


I wonder how many ladies out there think:
“Its just so hard to be a women”
For sure when a woman takes a step in life:
“ The journey is not furnished with a carpet of roses ”

Come to think of it
“Yes its hard to be a woman,
every hardship makes me a strong woman”

A Woman Like Me

I have the will,
Without wings
To touch the sky
Enabling me to reach that high
I have no definition for defeat
My aspiration;
I’m set to seize that dream
A woman like me, will reach that far and many miles more..

Maybe, you will find tears
Held in my eyes
Or falling like river
On a terrain of my face
A momentum relief
Giving no answer to resolve the grief
I gather myself
In dignity I embrace
A women like me,
Learned to stand beyond any calamity and defeat
©Nasra Al Adawi, 2004

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nasra,



Why do you echo my thoughts & feelings that so desperately want to be voiced. ?

But then God hasn’t bestowed this gift of _expression in everybody like He has in Nasra.

This poetry is fabulous !

I thank God for you.



Best always,

Nirmala.

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nasra,

nice poem, but the tone is different from your earlier poems i have
read. in
fiction, this poem could be most likely to be written by the lead
female
charector in an ayn rand novel.

afftly

rajiv

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have such unbelievable talent, I don't want to see it
wasted.

A fabulous poem, keep motivated, keep smiling
Hugs
VAL

6:45 AM  
Blogger Sue hardy-Dawson said...

What an explosion of colour and words, breathless

1:27 PM  
Blogger iamnasra said...

ahlan Jwaher

Jawher by all means u can show it to you teacher

best wishes

nasra

4:37 AM  
Blogger EATING POETRY said...

I like how you express the hardships of being a woman (or I should, say just human) yet at the same time love.

Thanks for your kind words on my blog and I hope this year brings you your heart's contentment as well.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Renee Wagemans said...

Hi Nasra,
Happy New Year
What a beautiful poem.
But remember Women are so much stronger than men!

11:33 PM  
Blogger Neetee said...

Thank you for your visit to my site. Now, I'm here to visit one of the abodes for your poetry.

I embrace these words wholly. Throughout the years of my life, I have tripped, and cried, and fought for my right to harness strength. Guess what? I am now one of those women who can say, A Woman Like Me...

Thank you for sharing the words of this wonderful support and encouragement for all women.

8:30 PM  
Blogger The Lettershaper said...

Nicely turned words...I enjoyed the stroll through this place...

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Inspiring.. I love being a woman.. :)

10:15 PM  
Blogger Lorena said...

very empowering nasra and delicate at the same time.

1:20 PM  
Blogger The Wandering Hermit said...

Nasra
That was most revealing...very delicate too ...wonderful..

cheers
z

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home