Friday, December 02, 2005

Within Myslef



Its been awhile since I posted, it was one of those rough waves that pushed me to fall and I continued to struggle to get up and then another wave comes and hits me again. Certainly those waves did not last forever, so here I am regained my strength and courage to stand again.

A word of appreciation to each and everyone who have visited my blog and dropped a hopeful line to make me come back again. It was truly the rays of sunshine that evaporated all the surrounding darkness. Al Hamdullah (Thank God) his blessings I feel them so immensely drizzling on me like rain, when it starts to drizzle awaking the earth and here I’m awake embracing the blessings of God and Im all blessed to be able to witness the beauty of this life. Not all the beauty of earth that puts tears in my eyes, it is the fine spirit of man kind at least to those I had a chance to meet or talk to. I’m truly touched so here a word of thank you to all.

Photo by Yarub Al Bakry

Within Myself

I’m not afraid
Releasing my soul

I’m not ashamed
Letting my tears run

I gained peace
Within myself

And I had witnessed
Journeys of climb and falls

Yet its not mine to tell
Therefore I realized
Others pain

At one time
I was out of faith

Now in my rebirth
I’m enhanced
With enormous faith

Believing in each curves
The granted destiny
Bliss or heartache
Granted in a package of life

Within my inner peace
I’m experiencing it all
Living the days
As it would proceed


© 2004 Nasra Al Adawi
from the book “Within Myself: The willpower to live- beyond cancer”

17 Comments:

Blogger Sue hardy-Dawson said...

Hi there great to hear from you and to know that though you have been feeling low you feel stronger now, your words and poem are beautiful

1:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

nasra,

thank you so much for the beautiful, inspirational words that you left for me yesterday. i was able to create a post around them. it felt good to be able to express my gtratitude to you and to the others who take the time to grace my page with their words of love and encouragement....teresa.

6:04 AM  
Blogger Sowhat said...

that poem is beautiful ... when waves hit you .. you either collapse . or you became stronger ...

welcome back ..

6:33 AM  
Blogger Joel said...

Welcome back....I was just thinking of you yesterday for some reason....

7:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

lovely beauty to read and enjoy, my friend of these shinning lives.

2:55 AM  
Blogger Cold Cut Ten said...

Glad to see you back, Nasra. :) Was starting to wonder where you've gone.

5:02 AM  
Blogger Ca... said...

To feel up, you may pretend this is from a friend:

"When the golden sun is sinking
And your mind from troubles flee;

When of others you are thinking,
Will you sometimes think of me?" anon...

5:14 PM  
Blogger Why not sure said...

HOpe all is well. As didn't got anything from ur side since quite long.

12:03 AM  
Blogger Innocent Bullet said...

Lovely Nasra! Hope is always on your side. Insha Allah! :-)

10:52 AM  
Blogger Linda Jones Malonson said...

.. is there no wonder why so many of us love you my lady. I am glad to be able to type again ... thank you for all your kindess and it's so good to see you back.

Many hugs and much love.

11:41 PM  
Blogger Lorena said...

i'm glad to see you back. i hope you are doing well. thanks for the beautiful poem.

i wish you many days full of inner peace. thanks for blessing us with your kind words :)

3:24 PM  
Blogger amiethinggoes said...

i'm glad that you're back to shower us again with your wonderful poems! and i hope that everything is ok there with you.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Brother Ted said...

Thank you for the lovely poem. I hope you don't mind if I share it with a friend of mine who has been sent down a different path, by waves of terrible force, only to find the view to be more beautiful than before.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Striking photo. Sounds like faith has a lot to do with lived experience for you. Me too.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Bhupatkar said...

Hi. Nice to see your blog and read all the lovely and touching poetry. May Gods shower choicest blessings on you. You asked me to leave the answer to your queries on your blog. So here it is.

The poetry of Open the Door, Dear Brother is originally in Marathi from Muktabai, a 13th century saint-poet. Her brother is Sant Jnaneshwar (1275-1296)whose final resting place is near Pune, India.
I have translated the verses from Marathi. Hope this answers your questions.

1:11 AM  
Blogger sirbarrett said...

So much strength here. I imagine it took some despair to appreciate these new heights, but you seem to be filled with love for life and I thank you for sharing it. It's good to have you back.

1:21 PM  
Blogger idi said...

Hello iamnasra,

your poem inspirated me
to write a similar one
because my soul
is touched by it:

I’m not afraid
to confess my Lord (my God)

I’m not ashamed
to give honour to his name

He gave me peace
Within his hands

Much hope is there
and I don't want to nourish the doubts.

I am little
I am week
I bear nothing in comparison to that what others bear

At one time
I was out of faith!!!

Now in my rebirth
again a bit of faith
just the amount
which is necessary
was given to me

Not yet knowing
if that way
that I am pursuing
is the right one
for my life
at the moment

But I am trusting
that he will guide me

Within my inner peace
I’m experiencing it all
and I am looking for more confirmation
and signals
for the right way

Living the days
as the Lord gives them to me

Yours

Heidi

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home