Saturday, July 01, 2006

If A Tragedy Falls


Crying flowers
Originally uploaded by
sov.

I love the way she brings out her prose…she let go …like this flower on this page had released the tears.. As for Amias she released her voice…LIP (living in poetry blogspot) had opened the curtains so we can get a glimse of Amias. Please click here to read the interview [ L I P ]




Once again


I'm hailed to her path

I walk following

The footsteps of her journey

I salute her courage


Without testing the colors of her pain


A pinch on the surface hurts me


How it feel to be dipped in pain


A glimpse of her life


Makes me cry


Yet I laugh towards the irony of life


I open a blank page


Scripting a precise sentences :


Amias you taught me that if a tragedy falls

let a strong woman to be created



©Nasra Al Adawi 2006

As for me in September 2005 I received an amazing gift from her. I saw myself in her eyes and words…I can't help it but present it over here:

Nasra (Al Adawi) AbdulRahman (Acrostic)



Native child of the universe, one

angelic spirit embracing others’ pain

servant to the cause of humanity

renowned for generosity to friends

always a winner, she perseveres



A mother’s hope, a soul in transition

lighting the path of those she loves



A jubilant spirit, a caring daughter

dances to the tunes of awareness

a voice leading the way out of the

wilderness of suffering, her heart

imbued with empathy, she gives



Amidst chaos and mayhem, she

bows not to the hopelessness of

death. Embracing life, she teaches

unification of people with nature

love and forgiveness is her sword

Righteousness her shield; she

answers the call to arms with

healing words that touches

many hearts and lift spirits

all over the world, she is one

never-ending voice of hope



© September 12, 2005 Amias

10 Comments:

Blogger Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Beautiful as the warm late afternoon sunlight lilting in the forest trees before night holds them all in her arms.

5:40 PM  
Blogger aa said...

Beautiful and inspirational. The picture I see is one of soft strength. I like it.

12:33 AM  
Blogger Ian Haul said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

I'm curious as to how you found me...

8:00 PM  
Blogger Darius said...

This post reminds me of a line I always liked from Wordsworth's Intimations ode: "the faith that looks through death." Not around it, not denying it, but through it...

5:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Poignant tributes between two lovely souls.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Linda Jones Malonson said...

Nasra,
You are what true humanity is all about.... hearts reaching out, joyously --- souls touching souls --- I am indeed honored, and yet again, I am at a lost for words to express my respect and gratitude to you for your kindness.

So I leave you words from the old ones, “sisterhood never dies, but it does hibernate from time to time.” You have awakened the true meaning of sisterhood, and I am blessed indeed!

Be blessed,
Amias

10:52 AM  
Blogger arch.memory said...

Nasra,
First of all, I thank you for your comments on my blog; I am glad you found it.
I will be hosting an online poetry carnival called The Ringing of the Bards on my blog starting tomorrow, and I would love it if you can participate by e-mailing me a link to a poem you've posted within the last 2 weeks by midnight Saturday. The e-mail is archmemory @ yahoo . com (make sure you remove the spaces).
I hope you get this in time.
Best,
Ashraf

10:33 PM  
Blogger Pallavi said...

Amen to your thoughts

10:52 PM  
Blogger Davoh said...

A male sees
without eyes.
Muscled arms
make lies ..

(and yet a hope
within the scope,
tenderness lies.)

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home