Friday, April 06, 2007

~ Im A Child ~


powered by ODEO



Originally uploaded by Michael Evans.

I’m a child who wanted to play

I was ill and pain didn’t go away

I couldn’t help it but I felt so sick

My life was on a risk

Some how I could not cope

Still I could not give up on hope

With pain I could not stop my cry

To be brave I had to try

To feel well is taking so long

Trying to live, I had to be strong

I asked God to make me well again

Please God take away this pain

Healing in every step is so slow

Winning had let my life glow

From Collective Thought s

Copyright 2002 Nasra Al Adawi


Bit of this poem was selected, to be part of lyrics of a song for CANCER Awerness in India titled CAN Conquer CANcer and in aim to build that essential weapon – the “confidence” to conquer cancer. So, F6 – a small group of music enthusiasts in India – decided to try and focus their interest in music to this great cause.

Since Im not so sound with Odeo, I hope it works. I thank Don for telling me how to download recording on it.

Credits:

www.insaneinstincts.blogspot.com

Composed & Arranged by : F6 Vocals : Shyam/Harish Guitar : Vignesh Keyboard : Ganesh Recording, mixing & mastering : Gokul, Music Mint Studios, Bangalore Lyrics : Nasra Al Adawi / Harish

Photo credit:

This photo made me cry, Im touched by the work of this photgrapher his name is Michael Evans, he kindly allowed me to blog this photo in my blog. I hope who are touched with his photo can drop him a line in http://www.flickr.com/people/michaelevans/

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger krystyna said...

Hi Nasra!
You have a great soul! Your poem and this photo are very touching.
Thanks for sharing!
Peace and Love to you!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Elagante said...

It was so touching I really loved it…

Dear just for the future, your blog is so cute and love reading your posts BUT it’s so hard reading it because of the font color and back ground. I guess if your write in BOLD or change the font color in white will be much easier for readers…

Thanks

10:35 PM  
Blogger Szavanna said...

Dear Nasra, salam!

Thanks for visiting our blogs - I am thrilled to discover your work on the NET.I will spend a bit more time exploring your sites this weekend. I used to study Arabic culture, language and music in Budapest and Tunis and learnt oud from Nasir Shamma - great Iraqi oud player - if you have some time - have a look at the story I wrote about my oud studies : http://szavannablog.wordpress.com/2006/03/22/naseer-and-the-lute/ . many greetings from Szavanna

1:41 AM  
Blogger gautami tripathy said...

Very touching post.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Kai said...

this is beautiful. i also like the music too.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Janice Thomson said...

How moving Nasra. Children show us the real meaning of hope with their innocent faith and trust. Beautiful music for these words.

2:05 PM  
Blogger [a} said...

It's a very touching poem. Amazing that it got used as lyrics for such a big project as cancer awareness!! Congrats!! :) xoxo

3:20 PM  
Blogger J. Andrew Lockhart said...

This is beautiful!

10:49 PM  
Blogger magiceye said...

very beautiful....tugs at ones heart strings

12:25 AM  
Blogger Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

How sad, but what joy in a child. Giving thanks for the children of the world and praying for an end of their suffering.

3:54 AM  
Blogger Vishesh said...

hi
the song was nice though there were a few problems with odeo.the lyrics are really really nice and to get it like that rhyming is tough.It has become one of my favs.

5:39 AM  
Blogger rauf said...

They have their own world Nasra,
they see joy pain and suffering in a different way. We sympathise and pity them, believe me, they don't need it. We feel sorry and some have the audasity to thank God for not making them like this. They want to be treated as equals. We should support them not pity them.
Your poem is very touching Nasra.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

The words and music work well together. I've worked with lots of children but only one young child with a serious health problem. He was at least as much of an inspiration to me as anything I may have done to help him.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Shubhodeep said...

hey nasra.. im so glad to be back here... forgive my infrequent visits... hope to see you back att my blog soon!!!

1:16 AM  
Blogger Lyrically speaking said...

The picture alone is heartwrenching

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Nasra,
I cried when I saw the photo, too. I'd have cried even if I wasn't already crying about the people who died at the Virginia Tech Massacre.

This is a major honor that your words were used for lyrics! Congratulations! The music is beautiful and this cause for the children is vital.

Love,
GeL

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home