Monday, April 02, 2007

She is who she is

So he asked who is she. She stood there to inhale, with deep breath she plunged into thinking, the words repeated to her in self form “Who am I?” Lightening of thoughts by passed her, but were too fast for her to snatch the answer, and within self walls fear started to crawl in but insisted that she knows the answer of this simple question. As everyone has to know who are they, its impossible not to know. So the question repeated her self to her, she pulled the only rope that she had in her, is being spontaneous and her voice came out not offering an answer to the question but is to convince her self that she is the person is what she is about to describe “I’m a woman, who never enjoyed her womanhood, a soul that still searches her perfect body form, I’m a sensation that lost her tip of senses, I’m emptiness that awaits for fulfillment, I’m a tear - yet too weak to engrave her path, I’m human wanting God’s acceptance, I’m a female scribbled with many emotions, I’m a body cursed in curves, I’m hunger aching for a quench, I’m all ruins but wanting to parade my wall, I’m a child who wants to stand in shoes of a man and I’m poetry waiting to be all written” As she ended pronouncing of what she is, finally she had freed her chains of trouble. She stood in bold face staring at him, yet it was piercing into him, so he can understand, that she is a woman, who has been trapped in claws of lion, but too proud to show her defeat. She has no ground to fall, so she chooses to stand despite her trembling knees.


Copyright 2007, Nasra Al Adawi

Inspired by Amor Al Habsy



My mum always tells me "You never know who can be a source of inspiration to you and who can give you a helping hand in this life", how true her words are. I recall, I did this interview about Amias, who just published her book, it was self published. Im not sure if you know the sturggle in publishing a book all by your self. As she was my blogging friend and not all that but she was so inspirational to me, she was a sister to me.


Lately I recieved a wonderful email from her, stating on the progress of her book and she will stand beside me in helping me with my Tanzanian project. She poured so much love and hope into me. Thank you Amias.

Amias has a website http://liquidplastic.net/ where she honors sisterhood and brotherhood, beyond race or religion. It about reaching out for eachother. Do visit her website to know more about it. I was truly touched as I was among the sisters http://liquidplastic.net/members/nasra.htm who was honored, wow I dont recieve such honor like that. Thank you for closing the bridges of humanity.

Labels: , ,

18 Comments:

Blogger magiceye said...

...........wonderful!

6:28 AM  
Blogger Pecos Blue said...

I agree with the above.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

I think your torrent-of-words/prose poem style here really works for getting to these feelings about identity.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Linda Jones Malonson said...

Nasra this piece is amazing --- such passion, such truth --- and I dare say, you put feeling into words and made them come alive, right up in my heart! As I was reading this, I swear I looked into your eyes and heard your voice, yes! Yes! I am your sister!

Thank you beloved one for such an honor -- and the happy tears, which are so good for this one who is old not only in years, but in soul too. Bless you and your beloved family. Bless your mother for giving birth to such a gem as you ... bless your father too --- for indeed, we are all better human being for knowing you dear sister.

12:18 AM  
Blogger Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Wow!

So much power and feeling packed into your prose poem and the piece about Amias. Wonderfully done!

My blessings to you and Amias.

5:40 AM  
Blogger Abs said...

All I can is excellent. Im speechless...Simply stunning.

1:00 PM  
Blogger ddsNorth said...

Hello Nasra, you graced my blog with your presence yesterday; and leaving such kind comments about my digital design artwork. Thankyou for your kindness Nasra!

I can absolutely identify with this piece! I am a woman, uncaged, defeated; yet,

still free..in my heart, in my soul, in my spirit; because only love, can touch me there.

with loving kindness,
North

2:39 PM  
Blogger Alicia M B Ballard StudioGaleria said...

You opened the proverbial "can of worms" very efectively with this narrative.
Hmmm. I'm left intrigued.

Must look into your friend Amias site (when I find a little time).

Have a lovely weekend

12:08 AM  
Blogger Alicia M B Ballard StudioGaleria said...

I took a quick peek and Amias' blog is not open to all...

12:09 AM  
Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

there is nothing so vitally important as individual identity. i think you state that case well.

2:15 AM  
Blogger Davoh said...

and would i be out of place by saying that it is always YOU, who controls the "god of your being".

Humans see the wonder
of the world,
and ponder.


Love, and Best Wishes.

5:58 AM  
Blogger mystic rose said...

wow!! those lines about herself...powerful! i totlaly identify with them myself..:)

nasra, im here thru rauf..but iknow ive visited your site before..:)

thanks for a lovely post thats introduced me to a promisisng book.!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Cold Cut Ten said...

The piece about about looking at the self is rather powerful and bold. :) I love it.

Will check out the site you recommended. :)

Take care, Nasra.

5:15 PM  
Blogger J. Andrew Lockhart said...

Your mom was right. :)

10:16 PM  
Blogger Jav! said...

that is by far one of th most amazin answers i have read bout a very intriguing queation as to "who are u"??
many a times i hav questioned tat to myself and was always mute !!
terrific work !!

6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful words Nasra

9:49 AM  
Blogger gautami tripathy said...

Mom knows best, Nasra..

6:17 AM  
Blogger Janice Thomson said...

Nasra this is utterly beautiful. You have a way with words that reach the core of our souls and makes us ponder each phrase. I loved this piece.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home