Thursday, May 03, 2007

~ Daughter of Oman ~


Village Children
Originally uploaded by JP London.

I met her fairly recent
On a sisterhood web site
The morsels she shares
Are enjoyed with great delight

She is still young in age
But wise beyond the years
Her calling is to help others
And wipe away many tears

Nasra tells many stories
As she travels along her way
Seeking aid for the sick ones
In all she has to say

Daughter of Oman
I want all to see
You have touched my heart
Dear sister to me

I am proud to call you sister
It is wonderful to hear your voice
And although we have never met
We became sisters by choice.

©Maggie Lee Scott


Here the poem I would like to treasure for life and frame it in my heart a poem I received unexpectedly by Maggie Lee Scott she has a blog Southern Women With Backbones (www.southernwomenwithbackbones.blogspot.com/ ). Maggie writes gentle peotry that touches your heart so gently.


Dear Maggie
This poem made me feel content about all and what is happening in my life. I dreamt of winning a Nobel prize and this is it. The cheer pride and being overwhelmed, thank you for bringing me and seeing a person not so much while Im running around in life, I guess you tend to forget to appreciate the person who is inside, the one stands deeper than the layers of your skin. Your poem made my soul blush and I’m touched deeply…


As for the photo in here it is by JP London from flickr.com of Omani Children who are wearing traditional clothes. Our Omani Traditional clothes are very colorful. JP I appreciate this Photo…

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Rethabile said...

Hello,
You left a comment on Poéfrika, then asked me to delete some of it. i can keep all of it, unless you really want to remove some of it. In that case, exactly what should i leave untouched?

Cheers

1:14 AM  
Blogger Linda Jones Malonson said...

Nasra,
Sister Maggie painted you like a Van Goth. I believe we all feel the same way about your humanity. You are indeed a precious and value commodity. You inspire the greatness of humanity in all of us. Bravo Maggie!

4:15 AM  
Blogger krystyna said...

I agree with Amias about sister Maggie!
Absolutely, divine poem!

Nasra, whenever I come here only good things happen in my life. Wonderful voice goes from your beautiful and great spirit and place.
Peace, Love & Happiness!

4:32 AM  
Blogger iamnasra said...

You are so sweet Amias, Yes I was so touched by the painting of SiStar Maggie, For me Im learning all from each one of you as your kindness exceeds my expectation...

So it not who inspired who its about how we can carry it on to others so we become a better world I suppose.. As you have it your website we have to empower eacher other to bring out the goodness out of eachother

4:49 AM  
Blogger iamnasra said...

krystyna
Thanks for sending such love..Im truely blessed for having you to make me carry on when I feel all down cause your voices gives me the power to get up on my feet

4:52 AM  
Blogger J. Andrew Lockhart said...

friendship is a wonderful thing. It's amazing how the Internet has brought the world together.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Such a beautiful tribute and so well deserved, Nasra.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Cold Cut Ten said...

You well deserve a tribute poem as wonderful as this one, Nasra. Keep up the good work you are doing. :)

6:10 AM  
Blogger The Voice said...

very nice poem Nasra - well deserved.

J

3:34 PM  
Blogger Kai said...

this is wonderfully sweet!

5:08 PM  
Blogger floots said...

i echo andrew's comment
the net has done some great things
(a shame that it is often its downside which receives the publicity)

3:03 AM  
Blogger gautami tripathy said...

Cherish the poem, cherish her friendship.

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home