Friday, April 13, 2007

~Sunshine After Rain~


Winter Sunset 1
Originally uploaded by I have a bad cam.


As the rain falls on me
Its water touches my body
The mountains are gone
Still I’m whole
Cleansed with rain fall
For those what once were?
Now are gone
Still I’m whole
For the rain falls on me
Its water touches my body
Falling on all
As my soul boldly tells me
That I’m poured with Godly love
Overcoming all tests
Even stings
Of bitter sweetness life
I’m cleansed
Taken out from shallowness life
Which brought a whole me
I’m sunshine after rain

Copyright 2007, Nasra Al Adawi



My appreciation goes to National Association for Cancer Awareness (NACA) in Muscat allowing me to hold Writing Relaxation. Writing Relaxation is non profit workshop to promote use of writing as means of relaxation and to guide others that writing has a therapeutic effect. Meeting unique ladies, they really convinced me that writing, reciting, poetry can be so therapeutic to the soul..


I was very nervous conducting the workshop I did not know what to expect and also what would be the right subject to concentrate on in my workshop. I did quite a bit of search for poems written by Cancer Survivors. My success of this workshop is due to quite huge references that I got and read from http://www.oncolink.org/ and at the end of the evening the ladies were given Instant Fill in the Blanks Poetry created and authored by Alysa Cummings.

To Alysa Cummings where ever your are, I just want tell you that your poem I Use TO it had touched us all… Thank YOU.. Her poem can be viewed in
http://www.oncolink.org/



The photo is from flickr.com, you can click the photo to see other photos.

Labels: , , ,

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was like tapping our inner energy. It made me feel totally relaxing. The session was very uplifiting and rejuvenating.

Geeta Rao

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very enjoyable experience and a good chance to relax and talk with others

Sally Perry

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Nasra I have always found writing to be such a private experience - you have opened a door

Martha Langille

1:44 PM  
Blogger J. Andrew Lockhart said...

It's raining here right now (at midnight) My tanka tonight was about rain, but with a different look.
I like yours. :)

10:25 PM  
Blogger Kai said...

this is beautiful!

5:44 AM  
Blogger magiceye said...

a purifying experience....lovely!

7:48 AM  
Blogger goatman said...

Hi Nasra,
Beautiful poem, I was moved by it. You have a beauty in words.
With your class on writing: sometimes you just have to open yourself to the people there and continue as the mood dictates. That's been my experience with teaching. You have to be flexible and react to the class and their comments.
Thanks for visiting, I love to hear from you and visit your blog.

12:26 PM  
Blogger polona said...

this poem has a very nice feel to it. i've enjoyed it very much.
thank you.

3:08 PM  
Blogger david santos said...

This poem is very nice. Thank you.
Have a good weekend.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Lyrically speaking said...

Beautiful gratitude

12:37 PM  
Blogger Vishesh said...

the words suit the picture and the picture the words..beautiful ...

11:40 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Makes sense - poetry writing to promote relaxation. It's a "side effect for sure.

When I used to jog, I found I loved every kind of weather, including rainy days that would leave you feeling just steeped in the all-outdoors which is what you're reminding me of here.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Plus Ultra said...

Wow You are a doctor who heal with words

3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home