Sunday, September 02, 2007

~I feel Omani ~


Image of Oman
Originally uploaded by autobacs

Shattered clouds
Or blue skies
You will find me among faces of Oman
In a land that has face of pride
Here is my land
In a flag of who I am
Through the light
Through the dark
A craftsmanship of this nation
Poured in hardship
The fruits of sweats
The cultivation of our men and women
A proud khanjar*
Now glittering to every one’s eyes
I feel all Omani
The privilege is mine

28/8/2007
Nasra Al Adawi



* Khanjar is a traditional Omani Dagger, worn in festivals (weddings and so on) by men. the photo below shows how beautiful is the Khanjar mostly made in silver.


Khangar
Originally uploaded by Ti3gibsJunkbox

Many thanks for the photos from flicr.com.Click the photo for other collection

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Cold Cut Ten said...

You are very patriotic, Nasra.

And I really like it when you share photos of your country and culture.

3:24 AM  
Blogger floots said...

i like this because it has a great sense of personal feeling/patriotism which transcends the jingoism so often propounded by the media of all countries
well done

10:10 AM  
Blogger Janice Thomson said...

I agree with Floots...your feelings are deep, honest and sincere. Your love for the land, for the people, for the country itself shines through many of your poems. It is a delight to know a bit about you through these poems Nasra.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Azer Mantessa said...

very nice poem and picture of khanjar :-)

5:29 PM  
Blogger rauf said...

Hi Nasra
its nice to be patriotic
i am proud of my country and its people.
But there are limits.
Patriotism clouds our judgement.

Been away on forest treks Nasra, came back home the day before.

By the way 'Khanjar' is a dagger in Urdu also
Hope you are doing fine Nasra

6:47 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

That is a very beautiful poem. Love the photo of those ornaments. It's very rare that men wear them.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Alok said...

I could sense your pride ...

beautifully written

alok

7:41 AM  
Blogger Nicholas said...

You are doing fantastic job!
Thank you!

8:14 AM  
Blogger gautami tripathy said...

You are a proud Omani! I really appreciate that.

8:55 AM  
Blogger krystyna said...

Hi Nasra!
Your today's poem and photos really spoke almost magically to me.
I'm appreciating a lot.
Have a blessed day!
P.S
I asked you last time-
How can I buy your books?

3:25 AM  
Blogger Linda Jones Malonson said...

Nice to see someone can show patriotism --- right now, I am not feeling it here. I know it's not America itself, but the leadership here does not inspire patriotism.

"A proud khanjar*
Now glittering to every one’s eyes"


I know it's an American thing Nasra, but I didn't quite understand the referance to the knive and the eyes. I couldn't quite connect it --- email me.

11:48 PM  
Blogger abcd said...

I found you thru Krystyna. Wonderful poem. I truly enjoy visiting your blog.

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home