Saturday, March 01, 2008

~Tangling Flame~

"Dont wait for love to happen,

lit love within yourself"


entwined...
Originally uploaded by
nicki_bennie
I drove ……..
To the edge of my soul
Hushing all chaos within
So I can stand
On a thin lane of who I am
While I was there
I lighted a flame
A flicker of love
So love can begin
All within my heart
Tangling like a plant
Moreover intertwining
Now all over me
From head to toes
That’s when I begun to live love
Naturally it reflected

Copyright 2007, Nasra Al Adawi

Photo by MimiLimi and Nicki Bennie

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What beautiful words! I look forward to hearing you read one of your poems this evening. Sx

7:31 PM  
Blogger Sam!! said...

Beautiful!!

Very well written Nasra :)

Take care

10:50 PM  
Blogger Alok said...

loved the last 2 lines, beautifully written as always


Alok

1:02 AM  
Blogger floots said...

loved this
especially the way it builds up to the power of that last line
thank you

1:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started my morning today with hussles of life, and tangled with business world ... and seeked for light to take me out of this messy life.. so I had to come back over here to find an inspiration of some kind.. calm calm down my confused soul ... you have no where to go except back to your soul ...

I thank you all for your words ... Nasra

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful and powerful!

3:00 PM  
Blogger eric1313 said...

Love from within should always be answered with equal intensity. Love is the ultimate grace.

And you have a lot of grace, my friend!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

This is my heart's poem.
Thank you so much beautiful Nasra,
for sharing your thoughts.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home