Sunday, December 07, 2008

Walking Towards Married Life



If I was told to write a book, it would have been a book on getting married. Recently it has been so poetic moments as I see the days shredding its time, bringing me closer to be a married woman. My wedding date is on 11/12/2008.

Every day, I see a new page, a page of life that I have never experienced before, it comes with anxiety, anticipation and the fear of choosing a journey I’m not sure where it may lead me. The submission to another soul, where you submit not only yourself but you shred all you clothing (not in actual but in poetic terms) to another human-being for the sake of love and unity of marriage.

Sure its put in many terms, the definition of marriage but as I walk towards it, I’m confused of how it can be termed.

So I ask what has been not touched of me, my inner being. “Oh soul! Is all of you primed to walk on marriage endeavor. Walk slowly like a bride, smile in anticipation that you are afraid but lovingly accepting the terms of this entire journey. Grow wisely with its waves, embrace all its tides, and when there are times passes you, gasp for air to exist and to excel of who you are. Yet, there are times just gasp for love, an air that you must inhale as if it runs amiss how you can survive. Keep thoughts in mind that when its all low tides, raise the waves so it can skirt ashore.” A soul conversing.

So, you can see that even though seeing my feet walking on the aisle. Yet I’m taking the journey empowered with love, not only his love but my family who have been so courageous to survive wedding symptoms and let me assure you that there are many of those. I can not explain such family love cause it has translated in each member of my family, I can not be lucky than I am for being granted with such love …To you my family, I’m all gratified to your love and kindness..

Though it remains here as the last line, but I kept it for you my friend so it will remain till the end in your mind. Thank you for being all you can be ….a friend of mine in this new journey. You friendship, did not move me, but it made me who I am now walking on love. Thank you for being a friend …

Nasra Al Adawi
8/12/2008

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger krystyna said...

11/12/2008 - it is a wonderful date.
Let this day will be happy and full of bless for you!
Let your new life be happy and blessed!

Love and hugss to you
dear Nasra!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Luisa said...

Happy to hear these news
May Allah bless your new life

9:29 PM  
Blogger Alok said...

makes me feel happy reading this

thank u truly for being a friend


Alok

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to you Nasra...

-Pria

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats , Nasra!

Wishing you all the best. :)

6:17 AM  
Blogger goatman said...

It will be two going on mostly as one.For me it was a completion, the whole being greater than the sum of our parts.
I wish you well and many many happy years of life lived in poetry.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Anna Piutti said...

Congratulations and Best Wishes!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Solafa said...

My dear Nasra,

I apologise for not coming back to your blog earlier than this time.

But i am indeed happy to read your post that you are already married by this day.

May Allah swt open up doors of happines and wondeful life ahead.

insha-Allah you are enjoying your time now as anew bride.

we only live once in this life, so make the most of your marriage life and live every second of it in full happines, peace and success.

Solafa

5:26 PM  
Blogger Kuan Gung said...

Happy to hear this great news...best wishes...

12:41 AM  
Blogger gP said...

congratulations :)
wishing you a beautiful married life and an eternity of love.

hugs :)

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home