Monday, March 21, 2005

My African Lady

My African Lady

I take a glance at you
My African lady
Your skin is full of glow
The color of the mountain
Persistence in your fighting
Prevailing among all
You gaze beyond the distance reach
A symbol of determination
Your heart is the finest
A lioness in your soul

Ó2005, nasra al adawi


Wangari Maathai rose to prominence fighting for those most easily marginalised in Africa - poor women.
She is my African lady, she is the first African woman to win the Nobel Peace Prize in 2004 October . She has been praised by the awarding committee as "a source of inspiration for everyone in Africa fighting for sustainable development, democracy and peace".
To learn more about her fight and isnpiration, here is full interview

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home