Thursday, August 25, 2005

My Country


My country has no flag
A free wind flapping its existence
On every thing it touch
I know its the foam of clouds
Running on an oceanic skies
Hailing on journeys
Without boundaries of man-made
Running free without restraint of electrical siege

My country is an ocean
Reflecting the color of the sky
Or the color of emerald green
Reflecting all the hidden weeds
It lies there in deepwater
Even over the coral reef
It represents all the waves
In a form of many size
Free waves that embraces many shores

My country has no territories
It does not belong to any ethnical race
Nor does it embrace any religion
Just a free essence
Standing without being biased
Patriot in following good values
My country has no name
Its in the tiniest cell of all the creation of God

I’m the fruit of mother earth
I’m a child of one nation
That has no territories and boundaries
And when my time is up
I will return back
To the soil of this earth



©2005, nasra al adawi

18 Comments:

Blogger Enigma said...

There is no limit to your imagination mashallah.. I so want to live in this country now! plz take me to it? =) hehe

Really wonderful poem ... i liked it very much!

8:21 AM  
Blogger iamnasra said...

Enigma
How kind to visit my blog...
Very few from Oman Bloggers do visit my blog

Thank you for your knd soul

8:32 AM  
Blogger iamnasra said...

I got it all wrong Enigma..I some how thought you are from Oman...Please accept my appology...

Here I am saying Im a countrywoman of the one earth as I try to define others from where they are

8:35 AM  
Blogger gulnaz said...

sounds like a place i would love to be at. :)

2:12 AM  
Blogger Lorena said...

nasra, i would love for all people to think this way. we are all one yet sometimes pointing out our differences separate us as oppose to just adding to us.

i wish for a world like this and although it might never exist outwardly, at least it exists within us who believe this way.

beautiful poem :)

11:55 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Hey, we're from the same country!

12:07 PM  
Blogger nomadica said...

this is so beautiful nasra. i really enjoyed reading it. you've conjured up some gorgeous scenes here.

12:24 PM  
Blogger TripleTee said...

remarkable country Nasra. Your own creation I take it? :(... I was hoping it exists. But hope as I will it seems impossibe :p.. yet lovely... keep them coming :)

1:15 PM  
Blogger saurav said...

I want to live in that country...... beautiful poem....

6:16 PM  
Blogger 3rd avenue said...

THIS is gorgeous!

8:26 PM  
Blogger Neel said...

another beautiful poem nasra!

2:46 AM  
Blogger Linda Jones Malonson said...

Ahhhh Nasra,
I want to move to your country! I have enjoyed catching up on my reading here. I am taking a blog day .. one can get hooked on blogs. The book is working me hard, but reading one of my favorite blogs gives me new inspiration. Bravo! - Amias

9:57 AM  
Blogger . : A : . said...

Your very own version of imagine.

Lovely.

6:10 PM  
Blogger . : A : . said...

And thanks for the beautiful poem on my latest post.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Hopeless Poet said...

So you chose to live under the ocean?? My country is somewhere among the clouds and sorry I can't join you in your country because basically I can't swim :P

9:34 PM  
Blogger Ahmed Shokeir said...

And when my time is up
I will return back
To the soil of this earth

When I approach to the above... I felt fear !!!

2:24 AM  
Blogger Kay said...

that was very beautiful nassra.

1:13 PM  
Blogger sofia said...

nassra, your country is HEAVEN!

mine is hell...

BEAUTIFUL poem!!!!!!

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home