Friday, September 16, 2005

Gift of God


In the blog of Fiminine Expressions she said "nearly every other night i begin to wonder if i've written everything i have to write, if i've expended all the poetry that resides within my soul. maybe i will never be able to write another poem. perhaps i am finished.then another day comes and i am able to elicit one more poem. each poem is a gift from where i cannot tell, but for each one i am able to write, i give thanks for its gift.and today i was able to write the above poem about life. i give thanks."

Thank you for bring out such insightful question as I keep thinking the same

In every night
I wander
If this gift of God
The granted talent
Would last me another day
Will words appear?
Weaving poetic verses
From just no where
Except through the voice of this soul
In such calm water
Unexpectedly a bubble will appear
Awaking the sleeping lake
No matter how much
I fetch within me
I’m a blank page
The inspiration is not weaved by days
It’s not a fruit of tedious labor
My poetry is…
A spur gift of God

copyright 2005 nasra al adawi

12 Comments:

Blogger Linda Jones Malonson said...

Nasra, life itself is poetry in motions -- I think we all have as much as we desire to share --- you my dear friend have a poetic soul -- and you speak it very well.

11:15 AM  
Blogger iamnasra said...

Liquidplastic

You are right life is poetry by it self
Life has magic that can form poetry without words

Thank you for describing me as I have poetic soul...

No doubt it feels with such words I won the Nobel Price

11:28 AM  
Blogger diana christine said...

oh, nasra, how lovely that you have continued the conversation...

and there is no end to the gift, as there is no end to the Universe...

and the admiration of a reader is the value of a Nobel prize...

i wish you love and blessings...

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah...sometimes..it seems that all is over ...done with...at other times...you find that you have barely started ! I hope you keep on lookin inside your soul for all these beautiful words....

4:59 AM  
Blogger Sue hardy-Dawson said...

life is poetry, poetry is healing, what would we be without it, I don't want to find out.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Lorena said...

very pretty poem. it's wonderful when people discover a gift and share it with the world as you do with your poetry :)

11:23 AM  
Blogger Enigma said...

Amm..again, so inspiring.

Nasra I have a question I hope you could give it a bit of your time to answer.. Do you think only gifted people can write poetry or anyone can do it?

...

4:34 PM  
Blogger amiethinggoes said...

you have a beautiful poetic soul nasra. and your poems are always with meaning that inspire people.

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nasra...time for a new post....

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feminine Expression

It was great to read your thoughts and be able to comeout with a poem...

Silly Advnture
Glad your surgery was okay. It was nice to speak to you

Rusty
Every day is search within my soul

Sue
Poetry does heal. I can not imagine being without it


Lorena
When you hold a camera and potray the nature its God's Gift too

iamnasra

7:23 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

The creative process is certainly mysterious enough. I've heard it said that poets usually peak in their twenties, novelists in their forties, but I'm sure those are just generalizations.

2:17 PM  
Blogger sirbarrett said...

God's grace is plentiful. For every ray of sunshine there is a poem.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home