Thursday, July 13, 2006

I Want To Cry With You


EsKooT El KaLaaM ..
Originally uploaded by ღ..Mousha..ღ.

We recently lost a very dear member of our family. He was a father to all of us. I don’t know the right words to consle my cousins for their loss… One of His daughters told me today that poetry can lend a hand, touch a soul, towards the process understanding the grief and trying to overcome the pain of losing someone so dear


I do not know how to console you
Nor can I dry your tears in midst of your pain
But I want to cry with you cause it pain me too
No matter how much they teach us
That death is the face of destiny
And fate is part of a side of a coin
Even though we all bound
Taking the after life ride
It pains to be left behind
Watching the flame dies
These hands are tide
Against the destined waves
So I have no words to relieve your pain
I will leave you with a poem
A plain collection of words
That has no fancy title to go with
Its only titled This Poem

This Poem


This poem written to you to put a smile on your face
To take your heartache in all the years that it could not erase
And I wish I could cry with you
As I felt the amount of pain that you went through
Life does not pause to our liking
Certain situations are frightening
Still we need to stand against the turbulence of life
Her I am reaching to you
I will be a shelter when it rains
I will try to be a refuge to your pain
And when you need to cry
My shoulder is here to hold you through
So this poem is written to you to let you know I’m here for you
©2005. nasra al adawi


Thank you ღ..Mousha..ღ for the photo posted in flickr and I owe apperciation to Silly Adventures who told me that The Poem can lift someone's spirit.

12 Comments:

Blogger Luisa said...

Is difficult to express the pain, one can feel it but not describe and is necessary to do it, to start to get rid of it.
A poet can do it in a special way so he/she becomes our bridge to tranquillity .

5:38 PM  
Blogger Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Lovely!!!

And I am sorry to hear of your loss. May the loving blessing of this being live on within you.

5:24 AM  
Blogger mermaid said...

Poetry cannot erase events, but it can sing a beautiful song of life lost and love multiplied in grieving.

This was touching, Nasra. I hope that you touched your cousins and your lost Uncle in the way you touched us with this.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I'm so sorry for you loss. It must be very hard for you to lose someone so important in your life.

After my dog Cleo died, I didn't think I could write anything about it; then one day while trying to take a nap, a poem popped into my mind and I couldn't make it go away so I could sleep. So I wrote it down, and I knew I could write about her after all. You're right, it does help the grief process; not that it makes you feel any better, but it helps keep things moving so you don't get stuck in it.

It's very kind of you to write something to ease the pain of those who grieve.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Solidus said...

Sorry to hear you've lost someone dear, Very nice poem indeed.. :)

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I extend my deepest condolences to your loss. And I pray to Almighty that he grant peace to the departed soul. With you in this moment of grief.

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this poem. I work at a hospital as a
tray passer (delivering food to patients). This evening I
walked in on a patient that just died.

Martie Savarie

11:35 PM  
Blogger iamnasra said...

Thanks all for your support and kind words

2:09 AM  
Blogger Hero said...

Profound indeed. Please do not stop writing poems. You'll never know who will get inspired by them. All the best from your "brother" in Malaysia.

10:40 PM  
Blogger aa said...

I can relate. My best friend lost her dad recently. We are like sisters, you see, and her loss is my loss too.

I never know what to say in times of death. It feels...awkward for me to say something. I always thought that words are too...hollow for something as sad as the passing of a loved one.

I applaud people like you who try to take away the sadness.

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Nasara,

i am in the mix of moving and I didnt get a chance to check my email since we last spoke but i did that today because it has been a very difficult time for me with all the work and the moving.

I would like to thank you as you always have a way to touch people's hearts with your words... i must say i am speechless to your talents as there are no words to explain how good you are with what you do.

I do appreciate all the support and care. may god bless you and bring happiness to your heart the same way you bring healing to other people.

Take care....your sister always,

Raida Rashid Allamki

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like those poems and they do say what they are meant to say.

Dorothy Barr

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home