Friday, May 18, 2007

~A Woman She is~









Isabel Aguilera - Google
Originally uploaded by Isere.







Anousheh Ansari
Originally uploaded by Space Explorer.


So what is happening in Oman, we are going to have Conference on Woman in Business on 2nd of June 2007, for more info please visit http://www.womeninbusiness-oman.com/speakers.htm . Great business women speakers in this conference and among them three Omani women: Aisha A. Al-Kharusi who is Deputy Dir. of Strategic Analysis working for Boeing International ME., Malak Ahmed Al-Shaibani who is GM-Corporate Affairs working for Sohar-Aluminium and Fathiya Nasser Al-Farsi who is an IT Director working for Omantel. On my wish list is to meet Farhana Huq who is Founder and CEO of C.E.O Women.

This is the poem that I wrote based on this event :

~A Woman She is~

So he asked who she is
She stood there inhaling
What must be?
A moment of truth
Then she plunged with deep breath thinking
“Who am I?”
The words repeated to her in a self form
Lightening of thoughts by passed her,
Then ancient scripture appeared in bold
She ended her pause
To answer back in an only way she knows
In a women affirmation voice
Standing against gravity of earth
And boldly said:
I’m all woman
A woman
Ancient in Hieroglyphic Transcripts
A Cleopatra underlined in history
I am a Cleopatra
In a mountain stand
Creating a history of today
With my hands that dig the path of tomorrow
Learning through my weakness to engrave this path
I’m a female scribbled with many emotions,
I’m intelligence sculptured in curves,
A statement of womenhood
I’m not here to stand in man’s shoes
Here is the fountain that bears all nations
Yes there times where I get trapped in claws of lion,
But I’m woman who knows no defeat
For there is no ground to fall, as I chooses to stand
Despite my trembling knees
I conquer my fate
A woman who creates her own destiny

Copyright 2007 Nasra Al Adawi




Labels:

22 Comments:

Blogger Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Wonderful conference. I would love to attend, even though it's aimed at women. And this is a great poem. Enjoyed it very much. Best wishes, Don

2:09 PM  
Blogger iamnasra said...

Your welcome to attend. WIll be great to met you in person

3:32 PM  
Blogger magiceye said...

Power to you!

Am sure your conference will be a super success!!

9:58 PM  
Blogger Cold Cut Ten said...

Have a good conference meet, Nasra.

That poem is both honest and affirmative, imho. :)

1:30 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

1 word.
Wonderful!!

Liz

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nasra,
I like this powerful poem.
This conference will be terrific.
I enjoyed seeing some of the photos of the woman leaders.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Alicia M B Ballard StudioGaleria said...

"Here is the fountain that bears all nations"
Need not say any more...

These are are power - full words dear Nasra.

It is amazing what a meeting "in tribe" does for ones self-esteen and strenght.

It sounds as something very special is about to happen!

All women are CEO's - they run the corporation of their household/families... something not to forget in a world that often insists that a women only may have have power/count outside the home ....

All the best to all of you.

PS:
On Nov of 2005 I attended in Wadhington a Retreat for Women of Power... there is nothing that compares to what one may come away with when we unite of "one mind and heart".

11:38 PM  
Blogger [a} said...

OMG this is so powerful and captivating! I loove your poems, Nasra!! Women have always been capable of so much...did you know that Aisha (ra) was the first female judge, and the most respected scholar in Arabia? And this goes back over a thousand years...and woman are just as strong and bold and determined and educated.

8:26 AM  
Blogger goatman said...

I am happy to see the women taking charge of their lives. Men have pretty much messed things up on this planet (not me . . . those other men!)
Thanks for visiting.

11:51 AM  
Blogger mystic rose said...

wow! nasra. this is amazing. the feeling in the poetry is powerful, intense, the strength and power of the feminine. very inspiring.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Kai said...

thats beautiful!

11:23 AM  
Blogger Roger Stevens said...

Standing against gravity. I guess that how it feels sometimes.

Great poem.

Have a fantastic conference.

1:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morning Nasra

A woman she is, a woman of destiny! I'm going to use this during our Women's Day celebrations in August - this is so appropriate. Well done.

Thanks for loving and caring

Regards
Rebecca

4:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very good

Are you still updating your site



natasha

4:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really nice Nasra, thanks for sharing this with me.

Take care and I hope that you are OK

Laila

4:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful Nasra! Keep it up.

Karen

4:51 AM  
Blogger Kai said...

tagged,
you're it
check out my post

6:54 AM  
Blogger Kai said...

thank you for the poem!
it's beautiful!
biggest warm hugs

3:46 PM  
Blogger gautami tripathy said...

great success to your conference!

9:54 PM  
Blogger ddsNorth said...

Dear Nasra, your kind words wore like drops of water, upon a desert flower... thankyou for your visit; it was a blessing of kindness!

North

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Nasra! Frankly and honestly, you now are really
soaring high in search of self knowing and discovering
the potentialities of the underworld. Sometime it is
difficult to appreciate correclty when you appear so
loftier in your inner and true epxressin. I really
like your versatile thughts. Keep showering your high
and thought provoking aspirations.Good luck.
Moin

10:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

{I am intelligence sculptured in curves} Great! I like this, it's " TREMENDOUSLY POETIC"


AZIZA

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home