Sunday, February 13, 2005

The Circle of Growing


In my admiration of butterflies

Yet envious finding them dancing in air

Nonetheless I use to fear the earthly sky

It looked to me so wide and vast

Yet I wanted to join their world

I wanted to grow into a butterfly

Soaring the unlimited sky

As I became one

It's not so scary- not the way it use to seem

Somehow the touch of freedom seems to glide in me

In anticipation though smiling through the new journey

Breathing in the changes that happened to me

It's all in the circle of growing

©2005, nasra al adawi

2 Comments:

Blogger Linda Jones Malonson said...

"All in the circle of growing" ... how profound. I enjoyed this. The way one express themselves is like music, and even though we are singing different tones, in our commonalities of life, we don't sing alone. I enjoyed this circle of growing. - Amias

3:43 PM  
Blogger diana christine said...

i find something rich and raw in the admission of envy...

lovely expression of your longing to be one with these winged friends...

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home