Monday, March 02, 2009

~Chase Away Loneness ~


her love's soul
Originally uploaded by lorrainemd


I know that I arrived here all alone
And I know that I will also retire similarly alone
But all in between, where are you standing
You are so hesitant and so far way from me
It’s been so lonely, in such dark womb
All seem to be so unconnected from me
Noises, earth and you
But I’m here next to you, more likely beside you
Entwined existence that is me and you
In a seed that melts our differences
Acknowledge me, as I’m a woman wanting to be a woman
A woman beyond sensual and her existence is not being alone

Copyright 2009 Nasra Al Adawi

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger gP said...

deep emotions and connections. powerful verses.

excellent!

hope you are doing fine now, been a while since I came here :)

4:43 AM  
Blogger How do we know said...

this is a great poem Nasra, and just what i needed today.. Thank you. This poem feels like warmth when u need it the most.

10:45 AM  
Blogger goatman said...

Seems so sad, this poem.
Are you not happy?
You should be happy. you were always free, seems to me

12:42 PM  
Blogger Azer Mantessa said...

"A woman beyond sensual and her existence is not being alone"

this one is a bit puzzling

i have sensed things happen the other way around ... not in general though (women as a whole)

8:06 AM  
Blogger Sam!! said...

Great poetry Nasra.. loved it :))

Take care deary:)

1:35 AM  
Blogger Alok said...

No you are not alone .. you two are connected .. you are the woman .. in it's entirety ...


Alok

3:27 AM  
Blogger Rajeswari said...

Thank You Nasra!! when time permits,please go through the following link on.Its about pap test for cervical cancer..and the vaccines for preventing cervical cancer.Sometimes you might have heard about these...
http://www.hindu.com/mag/2009/03/08/stories/2009030850200600.htm

http://www.hindu.com/mag/2009/03/08/stories/2009030850210600.htm

Love
Scrawler :-)

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This, like all your poetry, is beautiful, just like you. Hope you are well, mpenzi.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Alicia M B Ballard StudioGaleria said...

Dear Nasra
strong emotions coming through,
talking of deep connections...

Hope to find you well
Loving reagrds

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have written my life and my heart at this moment. and in reading your vision, i feel just a tiny bit less alone. But still aching for the one who i am both entwined and unconnected with...

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home