Sunday, November 29, 2009

~Desire for Light ~


A song to light
Originally uploaded by Catch the dream

I want to write a poem about you
That you keep chaining me
With your thinking
I long for sunlight
You are afraid to get sunburned
So I keep me in the dark
But I cannot match you
Yes I sneak to get glimpses of light
Is this a sign of oppression?
A heart that longs for daylight
The longing increases in desire
Desires are incontrollable
It needs to be fulfilled


Copyright 2009 Nasra Al Adawi


When a heart longs, there is not stop to this heart to reach its desire...

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Cool blog, I like the colors!

2:52 PM  
Blogger goatman said...

So sad, it seems. But light is always there to try for.

What is the little ones name?
(I am sorry for not asking sooner, but now I wonder)

11:53 AM  
Blogger Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) said...

This was very hard to read, the print is too close and curvy. Hope you have a happy new year!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

I think this is rather sad, rather melancholic but still very beautiful in a woebegone way.

Have a great yuletide. I guess you don't celebrate the Christian festival and neither do I but love and peace to you anyway.

CJ

5:19 AM  
Anonymous matt at shadow of iris said...

Such beautiful and lovely writing.

"Desires are incontrollable"

No, they are controllable, and therein lies all the sadness of your poem.

May love and truth guide your actions always.

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home